XBMC reaches 1.0 Beta, bug bash kick-off!
(drakecoldwinter @ april 22 2004,17:09 Wrote:i have translated strings.xml to french and uploaded it to sourceforge, please french people check it and help me make it better.

for the xbmc team, good job Wink
could you post a list of the languages already supported and the language files you would like to have ?
well we can use any language. support for it can be added easily. currently we support:

czech/
danish/
dutch/
english/
finnish/
french/
german/
icelandic/
italian/
norwegian/
polish/
portugese/
spanish/
swedish/
turkish/
türkish/
english/
french/
italian/
read the xbmc online-manual, faq and search the forums before posting! do not e-mail the xbmc-team asking for support!
read/follow the forum rules! note! team-xbmc never have and never will host or distribute ms-xdk binaries/executables!
congratulations on the beta. hope you can make it through the feature freeze. be strong and don't get tempted! make it as long as needed.

just recently moved to xbmc and now updated to 2004-04-19. this is a great software. you are something special.

i've posted some bugs i came across in the bug forum. didn't go through with the sourcefourge subscription, because they want real name and i don't want to lie. so i hope you consider them seriously even though i didn't follow the rules. hope i get to put some real help in the future.
bugs should be submitted via the bug tracker or they are liable to be lost.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

perhaps the line between posting on forums and sf should be differentiated more closely, or "rules" of submitting bugs made more clear - i think it would benefit everyone.

myself, i find it a bit to undefinde to know what the truly correct procedures are for bugreporting, and i've seen lots and lots of bad bug reports both here and on sf.
(thebeast @ april 23 2004,16:06 Wrote:perhaps the line between posting on forums and sf should be differentiated more closely, or "rules" of submitting bugs made more clear - i think it would benefit everyone. myself, i find it a bit to undefinde to know what the truly correct procedures are for bugreporting, and i've seen lots and lots of bad bug reports both here and on sf.
see the faq's: http://www.xboxmediacenter.com/info_faq.htm#27 and http://www.xboxmediacenter.com/info_faq.htm#28
i don't know how to write it more clearly than that without making it much longer, (if we make it any longer noone will read it)
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
does anyone know why there seems to be multiple versions of one language (like english and english?)

there also seems to be two versions of turkish and türkish (the second probably being false as there is no "türkish": it's either turkish (in english) or türkçe (in turkish).

suat
thx, great work
kudos to team xbmc!!!

:bowdown: :thumbsup: :bowdown:
congrats on reaching 1.0!
good job! :kickass:
where can i officially read that xbmc has reached 1.0 as i did not see any announcement on the xbmc website (http://www.xboxmediacenter.de) is this a false?

at xbox-scene.com:
"after a long time spent fixing bugs, it has been decided that xbmc is finally ready for a 1.0 release."
this is decided by whoHuh

not all bugs are fixed yet, as you can read in bugs.txt:
http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/xb...c/bugs.txt

i would like to see some official info on this. otherwhise; congratulations to the team.

thanks,
zilvershadow
greets,

zilvershadow
designer of the kmlbrowser script.
patience - the forum post should be arriving in the next few minutes.

as for the bugs - we got to a point where we (we being the active team members) decided that the outstanding bugs were not sufficient to put off a 1.0 release any longer. we've had a new feature freeze for long enough to get what i think is a pretty stable build.

bravi!! congratulations on reaching 1.0!
i'm just curious about
Quote:we've had a new feature freeze for long enough
what feature(s)Huh
just to have an idea.....please.....
:bowdown:
XBMC Italian translator, Movieplayer.it scrapers developer and the old "The Orbs" skin creator.
(kotix @ june 30 2004,14:58 Wrote:bravi!! congratulations on reaching 1.0!
i'm just curious about
Quote:we've had a new feature freeze for long enough
what feature(s)Huh
just to have an idea.....please.....
:bowdown:
freeze means no new features.. but for post 1.0 features just take a look at http://www.xboxmediaplayer.de/cgi-bin....=sf;f=4 to get some ideas
ok, i missunderstood.
:p
XBMC Italian translator, Movieplayer.it scrapers developer and the old "The Orbs" skin creator.
Thumbs Up 
ok, i've been downloading xbmc and xbmp for as long as i can remember... i've also been trying to make myself an htpc for about that long (microsoft's mce, sage, ati, etc.)

i can honestly say - i'm selling the 'puters and buying more xbox's - you guys have single handedly...

- proven that opensource works - and on a microsoft only platform to boot (ironic).
- made the best hands down, no questions asked media center application (and one of the best looking, most full featured app.) to date.
- proven you can have fun doing it.

wow - i can't say enough, great work!!!

flipper

did i say, wow?!
:nuts:

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC reaches 1.0 Beta, bug bash kick-off!0