Tried installing new XBMC build & now it doesn't load past Xbox logo screen!
So, I downloaded the newest XBMC build and went to install it like I always do.

- Turned on the Xbox and had it load to XBMC
- Deleted the XBMC folder using Filezilla
- Tried to transfer over new XBMC folder from my computer using Filezilla
- Says too many connected users, still lets me go through the folders on the xbox despite that.
- I back out of the XBMC screen that was up and it his a black screen.
- I figure maybe I can just use my EvoX Boot CD to do the FTPing
- Nope, now it doesn't load anything at all, it just goes to the Xbox Logo screen and freezes.

What do I do??

Sad
I have a Xecuter 2, to my knowledge, but honestly I can't even find the damn thing on the motherboard to check and see if it has a switch, I just looked. I got this thing modded a couple of years back on xbox-scene and the guy told me he put an xecuter2 modchip in it, not soft mod.

The way I had my xbox booting XBMC was changing the main shortcut to point to the default.xbe in the XBMC folder. So, since I did the stupid way of upgrading XBMC, I deleted the entire directory, so there is no apps/XBMC/default.xbe for the xbox to point to. This is the opening sequence:

- XECUTER2 LIVE LOADING SCREEN -
- BLUE XBOX LOGO POPS UP -
- XECUTER TEAM LOGO POPS IN AFTER THAT ANIMATION IS DONE -
- LOCKS -

I know loading XBMC and deleting the directory and then putting it back on there with a new version while have XBMC up and not another FTP program was dumb now, but it's how I've upgraded my XBMC like 10 times in the past 2 years, so I didn't think anything of it. At this point I'm doing damage control.

I need to get that XBMC folder back on there so there is a default.xbe for my xbox to load up.

I used my Slayers 2.6 boot disc, but nothing is loading up not even retail discs, it just sticks at that screen.
If it isnt booting DVDs then it is probably a bios problem, try putting the CD/DVD in the drive shutting off the xbox and then turning it back on. If you can get it to boot up slayers then you should be able to FTP and fix the problem.
-89-

I am in the same boat as you!
I cannot get mine to work and I posted on several forums without any luck.

Thus far the only thing that I can find is a problem with the xml files.
Take a look at your xbmc.log file. Mine is trying to access .xmls that do not even exist!

I have no clue why it points to the folder and the specific file (which is not located there).

Anyone with ideas please let me know!
use pastebin to show us your debug log and maybe we can help.
Catchy Signature Here
Thanks Sleepy.

I posted before and no one even responded to me.
Hopefully this time, someone will
http://1-kyle-1.pastebin.ca/767622

forgot the link
Your skin is not uploaded correctly.

You're probably using some crappy FTP server on the xbox. Use the fatal error handler (white + Y I think?) and upload the skin again.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

jmarshall Wrote:Your skin is not uploaded correctly.

You're probably using some crappy FTP server on the xbox. Use the fatal error handler (white + Y I think?) and upload the skin again.

Really? I am using FlashFXP, what are you using?

Also a have spoken with another person and they acknowledged that there are no such FILES located in the folder, where it shows on the log (i.e. home.xml or pointer.xml are not in skins/Project Mayhem III).

The only file I have in Project Mayhem III is the skin.xml file.
Then I have the following folders: 720p, 1080i, colors, fonts, media, ntsc, ntsc16x9, pal, pal16x9, and sounds.

Am I reading your response wrong ? I have uploaded from the AID disk and also downloaded directly from T3CHs latest build all without success. I am currently going to try Slayers Evox CD, but doubtful this will help either.
I said <server> not client, but yes - I missed the fact that it had the folder name (resolution) missing.

Code:
#
#
15:45:40 M: 56709120   ERROR: The screen resolution requested is not valid, resetting to a valid mode
#
15:45:40 M: 56709120   ERROR: Resetting to mode NTSC 4:3
#
15:45:40 M: 56709120   ERROR: Done reset

This is probably the problem. For whatever reason it thinks you have an invalid resolution set in the EEPROM. What sort of modchip are you using? NTSC xbox, or PAL? What AV pack is connected? What mods (if any) have you done to the video out?

Grab a debug log by holding down X+Y on startup and we'll have a bit more info.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

I used Slayers CD and installed XBMC onto the F drive. . . it seems to be working.

I am still interested to know what the original problem was though.
I am using an X3 chip on an NTSC box. I have done any other mods regarding the AV pack.
Sorry but I am very unfamiliar with EEPROM.
I know enough to not do anything on this, but you say it may have been changed. Is there some way I could of accidentally modified this without even knowing it?
Possibly - no idea to be honest.

As I said, a full debug log when it's failing in that same way will likely give more information.

jmarshall Wrote:Possibly - no idea to be honest.

As I said, a full debug log when it's failing in that same way will likely give more information.

Will have a log issued shortly. Now that I got Slayers XBMC working. I am completely erasing all XBMC folders I have tried/tested (5 installations combined from E and F). I am going to clean up my drive and install fresh with AID onto my E drive. If it works then no more problems.

BUT (and I am hoping that it doesn't) if it doesn't,
I'll post the log. So FYI disregard anything from the previous log.

Thanks and will replay shortly
I can't run any discs whether it be a Xbox game that isn't a bootleg or the Slayers boot up disc auto-installer. I can't bring up any error codes or anything.

It just sticks at the Xbox Logo screen with the Xecuter2 logo at the bottom. There isn't a switch on my mod chip or anything, I actually think my BIOs just got flashed as opposed to an actual mod chip being installed.

I deleted the XBMC folder while I had XBMC up in the music menu. I'm pretty sure there isn't a Default.xbe anymore. I have it set up where my main thing is a shortcut which points to the default.xbe in my XBMC folder so XBMC auto starts when I turn my Xbox on. But now, nothing is there and it won't read any discs. My disc drive is not messed up. The Xbox keeps trying to find the default.xbe in my XBMC folder, but it isn't there anymore so it just keeps trying to find it there over and over and over again and stays at that Xbox logo screen and never goes further.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Tried installing new XBMC build & now it doesn't load past Xbox logo screen!0