Win [Kodi 17 Krypton] No audio on Windows 10 using WASAPI
I am using Windows 10 64bit on an Intel NUC 4k running Kodi 17 beta 3. I cannot get audio when selecting the WASAPI passthrough option from my system. When I change to DirectSound I get audio but everything shows up on my Denon AVRX42000 as Dolby Digital even when it is DTS. I have no issues with video. Everything plays great.

I have gone through everything I could find in the forums. I have been using Kodi a longtime and not had an issue. The NUC 4k is relatively new and I am just now getting into fine tuning when I realized my audio is not set properly.

At this point I am stumped as to what to try. I havnt tried Kodi 16 on this NUC (love the new 17 UI) but I am about to do that although my sense is its not Kodi 17 as the issue. But I am guessing.

Any help here would be appreciated.

Bob Silver
I've personally not experienced this, but a friend told about an issue on his system where a mode would not worked correctly because it was unauthorized in the OS, I believe that is how he termed it. Not sure if that helps... but this is a curious problem with digital sound.

Sent from my XT1650
Dark Cypher
My kodi 17 beta 3 does not have a passthrough setting available, there is a section but no setting. There are a few sound addons available, but I don't use any of them.

Audio decoders
Audio DSP
Audio encoders

listed under addons>my addons.
Dear bobsilver1 please cheek this video. i thing your problem Windows 10 No Sound Fix http://hdloads.com/video/Windows_10_No_S...mNnxKH3JV0
Wow... no pass through setting... I didn't notice that.
I'll have to relay that to one of my brothers... Thanks

Sent from my XT1650
Dark Cypher
(2016-10-27, 21:36)Mp3LQ Wrote: Dear bobsilver1 please cheek this video. i thing your problem Windows 10 No Sound Fix http://hdloads.com/video/Windows_10_No_S...mNnxKH3JV0

No the issue isnt that I dont get sound from Windows 10 it is that using the WASAPI setting in Kodi I dont get audio when playing content. Windows 10 plays fine using Directsound you just cant get the HD audio formats that way.
(2016-10-27, 21:29)donbrew Wrote: My kodi 17 beta 3 does not have a passthrough setting available, there is a section but no setting. There are a few sound addons available, but I don't use any of them.

Audio decoders
Audio DSP
Audio encoders

listed under addons>my addons.

Change the settings level to advanced. You will see the passthrough
OK I switched out my NUC to my older 1080p NUC that runs Windows 7. I installed Kodi 17 and tested it. Plays the passthough audio with the WASAPI driver selected. Plays all the proper formats.

So the issue is either Windows 10 or its my 4k NUC. Net is Kodi is fine. Now I need to dig to see what causes this issue on my 4k NUC with Windows 10.
Intel-Bug?

https://communities.intel.com/thread/329...0&tstart=0

Workaround: Change displayrefreshrate to 30fps.
Thanks... That is good to know!

Sent from my P01MA
Dark Cypher

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Kodi 17 Krypton] No audio on Windows 10 using WASAPI0