Kodi skipping directories
It's starting to sound like a permissions issue.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2016-11-17, 04:38)nickr Wrote: It's starting to sound like a permissions issue.

all files / directories have the same permission. I went back and force applied recursively just to be sure. The machine Kodi is running off of can access all the folders just fine, and as far as I know, Kodi running on a windows machine uses the same user as logged in, so it to should have access to all files/folders.
Okay, so I did some more comparison.

I have another Zotac mini-pc that's running Kodibuntu. Previously I just used it as a thin client with all the setup being done from my windows machine, but I went and tested it.
I added the same network path to it as is added to Kodi on my Windows machine, then went to Files view on both Windows Machine and Kodibuntu. They should match given they both have the same permissions, but they don't...

Windows Machine

Kodibuntu

The Kodibuntu machine is seeing all the directories that are actually there. The Kodi installed on Windows continues to not see some directories, despite File Explorer on the same machine being able to see everything.

Quality sucks, but this shows how opening the Movies shared folder on my Windows machine (on same machine Kodi is having issues on), causes some folders to show up first, then others afterwards.
https://goo.gl/photos/ef3AZocnfDzM6vGi8

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi skipping directories0