Help skinning for Kodi
Is there a way to make fanarts be very blurry? So they create sort of a colorful background without any other purpose really. Like Apple tv style.
(2016-11-18, 20:14)Swageroni_ Wrote: Is there a way to make fanarts be very blurry? So they create sort of a colorful background without any other purpose really. Like Apple tv style.

Check out script.colorbox.

https://github.com/BADMS/script.colorbox
Thanks! @braz I also tested with after effects, doing an animation of how I imagine the view. Please, tell me if the effect can be done in kodi. Just like that.

I don't think that's going to be possible, maybe someone else will have an idea.
(2016-11-16, 15:23)smitchell6879 Wrote: As I was told yesterday mike_doc.... The code is open source but if you are going to be using someone else work and textures then you should at least ask. Also in my mods i have a credits section just to let people that are helping you know that you appreciate their help... Especially if you do you the stuff.

(Going to put this small because I think generally the attitude amongst the skinners around here - and it's an attitude I personally love - is take what you need and give credit, but it's worth bearing in mind that there are different open source licenses that different skins may be released under which will come with their own rules such as having to give attribution, not being able to use commercially or having to release modifications under the same license. So if you're using a particular skin as a starting base, or taking - shall we say - a large amount of inspiration from a given skin, it's worth taking a moment to check the terms of the license that it's released under.)

Edit:- Just an example to show that these licenses aren't particularly closely adhered to by skinners, my favourite example of them being ignored - the author of the Bello skin released the skin under a non-commercial license whilst using it commercially, and now only releases the skin in a commercial capacity Smile
(2016-11-18, 22:45)braz Wrote: I don't think that's going to be possible, maybe someone else will have an idea.

Which element? Or you mean the whole thing?
(2016-11-18, 23:32)Swageroni_ Wrote:
(2016-11-18, 22:45)braz Wrote: I don't think that's going to be possible, maybe someone else will have an idea.

Which element? Or you mean the whole thing?
I was referring to the animated glare on focused thumbnails. Didn't see anything else that would be a problem.
(2016-11-18, 23:14)BobCratchett Wrote:
(2016-11-16, 15:23)smitchell6879 Wrote: As I was told yesterday mike_doc.... The code is open source but if you are going to be using someone else work and textures then you should at least ask. Also in my mods i have a credits section just to let people that are helping you know that you appreciate their help... Especially if you do you the stuff.

(Going to put this small because I think generally the attitude amongst the skinners around here - and it's an attitude I personally love - is take what you need and give credit, but it's worth bearing in mind that there are different open source licenses that different skins may be released under which will come with their own rules such as having to give attribution, not being able to use commercially or having to release modifications under the same license. So if you're using a particular skin as a starting base, or taking - shall we say - a large amount of inspiration from a given skin, it's worth taking a moment to check the terms of the license that it's released under.)

Edit:- Just an example to show that these licenses aren't particularly closely adhered to by skinners, my favourite example of them being ignored - the author of the Bello skin released the skin under a non-commercial license whilst using it commercially, and now only releases the skin in a commercial capacity Smile

How do you use a skin commercially?
(2016-11-19, 12:35)Swageroni_ Wrote: How do you use a skin commercially?

I'm not quite sure what you're asking. If you want to know how Bello is used commercially, the skinner in question always maintained two versions - an open source one, and one for use with commercial products. And to quote when the public version was stopped being updated:

(2016-02-27, 23:11)nessus Wrote: Bello is still developed but only for paid projects

If you want to know how to develop a skin yourself for commercial use, make sure you're not basing your skin on/borrowing large amounts of code from a skin whose license doesn't allow it.
(2016-11-20, 02:38)BobCratchett Wrote:
(2016-11-19, 12:35)Swageroni_ Wrote: How do you use a skin commercially?

I'm not quite sure what you're asking. If you want to know how Bello is used commercially, the skinner in question always maintained two versions - an open source one, and one for use with commercial products. And to quote when the public version was stopped being updated:

(2016-02-27, 23:11)nessus Wrote: Bello is still developed but only for paid projects

If you want to know how to develop a skin yourself for commercial use, make sure you're not basing your skin on/borrowing large amounts of code from a skin whose license doesn't allow it.
I was curious about how can you use a skin commercially. Seems weird to mee. If i ever manage to finish my skin it will be free for everyone. The only commercial thing about it might be adding a paypal donate button for ppl who wanna support. Didnt know you can sell skins...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Help skinning for Kodi1