A Couple Of Video Viewing Questions
Hi folks,

I have a couple of general questions about viewing videos with my Kodi box.

First one - any ideas how I can fast forward when watching movies - I can see 'buttons' at the bottom of the screen which I think are forwarding ones but when I click on them or hold the 'button' down, it hardly makes any real speed difference, but I want to be able to forward quite quickly.

Second question - when watching flms, are you able to watch part of something and then go back and resume where you last were - I only appear to be able to start from the beginning again? (hence partly for the fast forwarding question).

Many thanks in advance
I tend to press UP to advance 10 mins, RIGHT 4 times to advance 3 mins etc. These are Skip Steps which you can read about here http://kodi.wiki/view/skip_steps
(2016-11-17, 12:44)tuttifrutti Wrote: Hi folks,

I have a couple of general questions about viewing videos with my Kodi box.

First one - any ideas how I can fast forward when watching movies - I can see 'buttons' at the bottom of the screen which I think are forwarding ones but when I click on them or hold the 'button' down, it hardly makes any real speed difference, but I want to be able to forward quite quickly.

Second question - when watching flms, are you able to watch part of something and then go back and resume where you last were - I only appear to be able to start from the beginning again? (hence partly for the fast forwarding question).

Many thanks in advance

Where are your movies stored? From what you've described it doesn't sound like you are watching locally stored media.
Always read the Wiki, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Read/follow the forum rules.
Thanks for the reply - the fast forwarding is working perfectly now.

The resuming to a spot in a movie is still bugging me though - the movies aren't stored, they are watched via streaming links
If you are watching them via any of the banned add-ons (wiki) that are blacklisted here then we cannot assist as your device will be in violation of our forum rules (wiki) on piracy.

If not then please be specific about which add-ons are involved, and post a debug log (wiki) to pastebin or similar and provide their link here.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
A Couple Of Video Viewing Questions0