Titan Beta destroys my own shortcuts
Hi Marcel,

I've noticed a problem now a couple of times, I have Madnox setup with various widgets etc. etc. using skin-shortcuts and all is fine, I then install Titan Beta for Krypton and select 'no' to use this skin and then when I go back all my shortcut mods are gone, every widget, every menu item just gone?

I've had this happen twice now, is there are possible reason why Titan would corrupt Madnox shortcuts?

EDIT: if it helps I've found that in the skin.shortcuts addon_data folder that every single file was deleted, all xmls etc. etc., they only thing that existed was skin.aeon.madnox.hash. I copied all the files from my Dev Jarvis instance over to the Krypton folder and after a reload everything is back now? So for some reason installing Titan seems to wipe out my skin.shortcuts addon_data folder?

Thanks,

Mike.
SKIN: Aeon Madnox
RIP Schimi2k, we miss you.
When I grow up I want to be a skilled skinner
Thank me by ⬇ adding to my + reputation
Hi Mike,

Sorry for the inconvenience. I found some old code in the "first initialization" part of the skin which resets the shortcuts to skinshortcuts defaults upon install.
I did this back then because there were scripts using skinshortcuts in a completely wrong way so I would end up giving support to users with non working menus.
I believe nowadays all skinners follow a bit of the same path and it's safe to remove this. I will do that right away.

I guess Kodi initializes the skin's xml even if you select NO on the question to use it.
Now I know why I lost all my menus when installing Titan. Wink

Thanks for the fix.
Thanks for the info Marcel, it's not biggie as I have backups of backups of backups doing this skinning malarkey.
SKIN: Aeon Madnox
RIP Schimi2k, we miss you.
When I grow up I want to be a skilled skinner
Thank me by ⬇ adding to my + reputation
Hi Marcel,
I've noticed quite similar behaviour, but with Jarvis. I have both Titan and MadNox installed and have noticed that if I add a menu/sub-menu/widget item (or delete) in titan, the same action is then created in MadNox and Vice Versa if making changes in MadNox. That wouldn't necessarily be a problem I guess if I had the same menu set-up with both skins, but I don't. I guess I was just curious to know that if using two or more skins that utilise the Skin Short-Cuts script, whether this kind of behaviour might then occur?
Yes, if you're using two or more skins using the Skin Shortcuts script, your menu is shared between the skins. You can choose not to have this behaviour from the scripts settings - though be aware this will reset your menu to the skins defaults in each skin.
whats a backup? Wink lol
In this case it's something that would restore the shared menu which is now not being used...
(2016-12-02, 11:42)BobCratchett Wrote: Yes, if you're using two or more skins using the Skin Shortcuts script, your menu is shared between the skins. You can choose not to have this behaviour from the scripts settings - though be aware this will reset your menu to the skins defaults in each skin.

Ahhh, thanks for the confirmation. Not a huge deal tbh, particularly taking into consideration the flexibility this script offers users in menu creation that might not otherwise be widely available if this script did not exist..... Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Titan Beta destroys my own shortcuts0