v18 LibreELEC Testbuilds for x86_64 (Kodi 18.0)
(2016-12-18, 11:44)flyingernst Wrote: which one is the newer one and has the most benefits for apollo Lake?! #1217 or the piotrasd version from Apollo Lake Threat?!

As far as I know the piotrasd build is LE master but with an alternative kernel, ie. drm-intel-next which includes intel drm changes that should eventually - if accepted - feed into a mainline Linux release (eg. 4.10). I'm not sure which Kodi version is in the piotrasd build, or which version of any other package - it might be Kodi 17b6/7, or it might be Kodi 18a1. It probably doesn't include built-in addons (inputstream.*, pvr.*, game.*)

My builds are also LE master, but with various upgraded components (as detailed in the changelog). So Kodi 18 not Kodi 17, latest addons built-in, but stable kernel (ie. 4.9.0).

I could start building Generic with drm-intel-next but this has a number of potential issues - none of the changes in drm-intel-next are guaranteed to go to mainline which breaks the ethos of my builds (you should, in theory, be able to switch to a future LE release with no loss of functionality), and being an intel-focused kernel this might cause issues for other vendors (nvidia, amd). So I'll be sticking with mainline kernels for my builds.

So to answer the question - my build is generally "newer" in terms of most components, however in this case piotrasd is "newer" because it uses an in-development kernel (but lacks the other upgraded components so might be "older" for those). If all you are concerned with is having the latest kernel - which is why I suggested it to for the stuck frequency - then the piotrasd build is for you.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.

Messages In This Thread
RE: LibreELEC Testbuilds for x86_64 (Kodi 18.0) - by Milhouse - 2016-12-18, 16:51
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
LibreELEC Testbuilds for x86_64 (Kodi 18.0)24