v18 LibreELEC Testbuilds for x86_64 (Kodi 18.0)
(2017-01-03, 10:25)ix400 Wrote: Sorry guys, Iˋm pretty much confused.

From my understanding, Milhouseˋs Kodi 17 and Kodi 18 builds both support Apollo lake. Of course, the v18 builds are newer, but I guess in the v17 builds the Kodi part is more "mature" and contains less errors.

And it seems that Milhouse is still building new v17 builds (http://milhouse.libreelec.tv/builds/mast...c/?C=M&O=D)

So my question is, which build should I use for my J4205 when I would like to have as less trouble as possible? Which build for the highest WAF?

I donˋt care if the HEVC-support is not top notch.

I guess then the milhouse builds for v17 are the way to go, right?

No, I haven't built Kodi 17 since #1129 which is the final build in the Kodi 17 thread. All builds since then have been based on Kodi 18 - this isn't reflected in the LibreELEC version number as LE hasn't branched yet and LE master is still LE8.

You asked:
(2017-01-02, 14:46)ix400 Wrote: Is the Apollo Lake support in the Milhouse 18 builds superior to the Krypton 17 builds?

You conflated "Milhouse 18 builds" (which is OS+Kodi) with just Kodi (Krypton 17).

Kodi 17 development essentially ended over a month ago, it's now in bug-fix mode pending release. Kodi 18 continues to be developed and improved, with HEVC/10-bit support for Apollo Lake+.

The LE8 OS is also stabilising and seeing fewer changes now that it is nearing an official release, but the builds in this thread (which will one day become LE9) will see more kernel and driver improvements that will benefit Apollo Lake and other newer hardware.

So if you're looking for the most stable Kodi experience with Apollo Lake hardware then you should be looking at beta/nightly builds of Kodi 17, although the HEVC/10-bit support in these builds will be far from top notch, as it will also be completely missing. For LibreELEC with Kodi 17 there is now the official 7.90.010 (LE8 Alpha 10) and soon there will be 7.95.1 (LE8 Beta 1).

If you want the best support for your hardware, then stick with these Kodi 18/proto-LE9 builds. But there will be bugs.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.

Messages In This Thread
RE: LibreELEC Testbuilds for x86_64 (Kodi 18.0) - by Milhouse - 2017-01-03, 15:43
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
LibreELEC Testbuilds for x86_64 (Kodi 18.0)24