v18 LibreELEC Testbuilds for x86_64 (Kodi 18.0)
(2017-01-15, 22:39)-zero- Wrote: Thanks a lot for your help.
Let's see with which solution the dvb expert is coming up.
I guess the 4.9.0 patch is still necessary.

Btw. I have 2x Cine CT V6 connected to an Octupus CI.

-zero-

Based on feedback from the DVB expert, the media_build package we use (based partly on crazycat source) does not include support for the latest Digital Devices driver.

The media_build package includes the "normal" kernel DVB drivers, plus all of the TBS drivers, and some popular devices that are not yet upstreamed (T230C etc.), and also additional fixes. However the Digital Devices (ddbridge) driver is NOT supported.

Quote:the problem is that TBS and ddbridge has similar chips in usage so their drivers are overlapping -> both won't work at the same system (because dd [don't] give a sh*t to upstream their drivers for this 3-4 cards they have)

we have now the most possible support (no os offer that much - afaik) besides support for ddbridge

So the issue is that the TBS and ddbridge drivers cannot coexist with each other - we can include the drivers for the TBS range of hardware, or the ddbridge driver, but not both and the decision has been taken to include the TBS drivers.

We haven't quite given up hope on overcoming the issues with the ddbridge driver but I can't guarantee it will be supported again at this point in time. If you need immediate support you should seek a custom build with ddbridge support (maybe ask on the LibreELEC forum) or a completely alternative distribution that includes ddbridge support.

If you continue to use these builds, keep an eye out for media_build changes as hopefully ddbridge support may return in the future.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.

Messages In This Thread
RE: LibreELEC Testbuilds for x86_64 (Kodi 18.0) - by Milhouse - 2017-01-16, 09:38
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
LibreELEC Testbuilds for x86_64 (Kodi 18.0)24