v18 LibreELEC Testbuilds for x86_64 (Kodi 18.0)
(2017-01-26, 02:14)Milhouse Wrote:
(2017-01-26, 00:25)Nekromantik Wrote: Will the latest version help with wifi speeds?
On my Apollo Lake nuc Im connected to my 5ghz wifi but only at 25mb.
While laptop in same room gets 125.

The switch to BBR congestion control and Fair Queue packet scheduling might improve things if your WiFi connection is poor - let us know. This is the rationale for switching to BBR/FQ:
Quote:BBR (Bottleneck Bandwidth and RTT) TCP congestion control aims to maximize network utilization and minimize queues. It builds an explicit model of the the bottleneck delivery rate and path round-trip propagation delay. It tolerates packet loss and delay unrelated to congestion. It can operate over LAN, WAN, cellular, wifi, or cable modem links. It can coexist with flows that use loss-based congestion control, and can operate with shallow buffers, deep buffers, bufferbloat, policers, or AQM schemes that do not provide a delay signal. It requires the fq ("Fair Queue") pacing packet scheduler.

However if the hardware (poor antenna, crap Realtek WiFi chipset) is at fault there's probably little that can be done, particularly as Realtek drivers are such a mess. If it's an Intel WiFi chipset then with these builds you're most likely already getting the latest/greatest WiFi driver.

Its a new intel wifi chipset in the NUC.
I might try the 2.4ghz channel instead to see if its any better under LibreELEC.
Thanks

Messages In This Thread
RE: LibreELEC Testbuilds for x86_64 (Kodi 18.0) - by Nekromantik - 2017-01-26, 08:38
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
LibreELEC Testbuilds for x86_64 (Kodi 18.0)24