v18 LibreELEC Testbuilds for x86_64 (Kodi 18.0)
(2017-06-22, 10:46)Milhouse Wrote:
(2017-06-22, 06:23)E92M3 Wrote: Edit: I loaded a clean 8.0.2 and then installed the latest test build from tonight #621, I get a blue spinning wheel when I try to browse for SMB shares. If I hit escape out of the spinning wheel the OS hangs and I have to power reset the NUC. I'll step back to earlier builds and see if I can get lucky.

Do you see the blue spinning wheel every boot? I see it maybe 1 in 10 (restarting Kodi is enough, if you're able to do that from ssh). It seems to be a race condition/deadlock of some kind at startup that is triggered by Samba 4.

Oh and anonymous access (to shares with "Everyone" or "Guest" access and no passwords) is not currently supported but I don't think this should affect browsing.

The times I do not get the spinning wheel I just get a ".." prompt to select a higher level it never lists "workgroup" so I'm unable to browse to my server and connect to my shares.
I can however "sometimes" add a manual location by adding "smb://whatever-server/sharename" and it will prompt me for a username and password, but quite often it rejects it even though I know it's right. another reboot and it will work.
I'm currently loading your build from tonight just to try, but if I go back to 8.0.2 I'm able to browse "workgroup" smb and see my server shares and connect to them. Once they are saved updating seems to be OK. It's only if I'm starting fresh from a update without having the shares saved from 8.0.2.

I have delay kodi for network load and zeroconf disabled. hard wired, local switch gig-e to server.

Yes, same issue with tonight's build, I can't browse just brings up ".." no workgroup etc to browse deeper. I can however still manually add "SMB://whatever/whatever" and it will connect to my shares.
Very odd, I wonder why that changed from 8.0.2 where it works.

Messages In This Thread
RE: LibreELEC Testbuilds for x86_64 (Kodi 18.0) - by E92M3 - 2017-06-23, 06:50
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
LibreELEC Testbuilds for x86_64 (Kodi 18.0)24