v18 LibreELEC Testbuilds for x86_64 (Kodi 18.0)
(2017-07-08, 17:12)Milhouse Wrote:
(2017-07-08, 14:50)Bluesmanuk Wrote: I'm about to give this build a test on my Chuwi Hibox and was wondering whether the AP6234 WiFi/Bluetooth module is supported within the build.
Possibly, as the AP6234 seems to be based on BCM4334/43340.

The only way to be sure is to try it. You can do this from a "Live" USB memory stick so that you don't trash your Hibox. Flash an official LE 8.0.2 disk image to a memory stick, update the memory stick with KERNEL and SYSTEM files extracted from the latest test build tar in this thread, and then boot using the updated USB stick - you'll now be booting with the latest test build, 4.11.9 kernel etc. - then select "live" mode (none of your settings will be saved) or "run" mode (your settings will be saved to the USB memory stick).

If you choose "installer" you'll wipe your system and install the latest test build, which you can update in the normal way in future.

If you find the AP6234 isn't supported then please upload the latest zip archive from the Logfiles Samba folder.

Thanks for the reply.

Although I could use the live boot option, I was unable to find a way to update the USB stick with KERNEL and SYSTEM (using Windows at least) but as I had already taken an image of the Hibox, I was happy to carry out a full installation.

After a lot of testing, I have to say that it works superbly and everything that I could throw at it that the SOC supports just worked flawlessly and even one or two things that I did not expect to work well at all and all whilst using just a fraction of the machines CPU resources.

So mightily impressed by what you have achieved.

I did find that neither WiFi or Bluetooth would work, so it would appear that the AP6234 is not currently supported.

No big deal as things are always better with an ethernet connection.

In terms of uploading the latest zip archive from the Logfiles Samba folder, after searching through what seemed like every folder I was unable to locate such an archive to upload.

Messages In This Thread
RE: LibreELEC Testbuilds for x86_64 (Kodi 18.0) - by User 182116 - 2017-07-08, 20:44
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
LibreELEC Testbuilds for x86_64 (Kodi 18.0)24