v18 LibreELEC Testbuilds for x86_64 (Kodi 18.0)
(2017-08-03, 17:56)Taomyn Wrote:
(2017-08-03, 17:14)Celox Wrote: Two things i have noticed which do not work:

Probably because with the dropping of support for SMBv1 everywhere, browsing shares no longer works as it was only ever supported with v1 shares. Windows doesn't browse servers this way any longer, and I see the same with all my machines when using Kodi on any platform except Windows i.e. LE and Android. If you enter an actual machine+sharename can you connect? You'll need to be sure that the share is v2 or above.

Thanks for the info.
The shares work from any windows client in my house. Streaming the media works from Kodi because the paths were added in LibreElec 8.0.3 (stable build).
Just the browsing no longer works. So im guessing you mean cifs/smbclient support for SMBv1 was dropped by LibreElec 9.x builds right?
And that my NAS's smb.conf defaults to SMBv1? Forcing it to SMB2.1 should fix the browsing issue right?

(2017-08-03, 18:31)Milhouse Wrote: @Celox yes @Taomyn is correct, network/computer browsing is dependent on SMB1 and with this insecure protocol being disabled on servers by default, that means there is (currently) no way to browse using Samba.

As for your second issue, if you're using a custom /storage/.config/samba.conf you'll need to rebase your custom changes on the latest /storage/.config/samba.conf.sample. The old configuration you may have in your custom config is not compatible with Samba 4.

I had a smb.conf in /storage/.config/smb.conf from the previous version at it is still there.
I'm guessing its not being read?
Could you confirm me the proper path and filename? So it's read. Is it smb.conf or samba.conf?
All i usually changed were force the workgroup to my local domain and disable User Authentication.
Because i don't keep stuff on the shares. I use it only for grabbing logs.

Messages In This Thread
RE: LibreELEC Testbuilds for x86_64 (Kodi 18.0) - by Celox - 2017-08-03, 20:16
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
LibreELEC Testbuilds for x86_64 (Kodi 18.0)24