v18 LibreELEC Testbuilds for x86_64 (Kodi 18.0)
(2018-01-05, 00:21)Milhouse Wrote:
(2018-01-04, 23:17)sappypappy Wrote: US here, but maybe some titles match up. I've tried a bunch of randoms, but can you give me the specific videos you've played that have been displaying in 1080p? I'll try them on my end & see if we can't find the source of this obvious bug (could be in the add-on, could be in Kodi, or a combo of the two fighting somewhere along the line).

While I haven't seen 1080p yet, I have noticed some play in way low res, some in 720p (but never above that).

Netflix Originals > A Series of Unfortunate Events > Season 1 > Episode 1 plays for me in 1080p (as do other episodes of this tv show).

Thank you! Tried it & its serving up 1280x720 exactly. Went ahead & did some more troubleshooting by ditching WiFi for Ethernet & hooking up to a straight 1080p TV monitor thinking there might be a glitch in either. No change. Grrr.

Since others are getting better quality streams running the same generic builds (using the same install methods AFAIK), and after the tests I've ran, only thing I can imagine is some kind of hardware hangup regarding either the add-ons themselves or the beta builds not working 100% with my 5th gen i3 NUC. I notice transcoding Plex (running latest PMC inside Kodi) takes a hell of a lot of CPU resources now (almost maxed out) when it shouldn't. Just with basic 1080p h264 videos.

I'm about to run the same setup on my Android TV (Mi Box) to see what that does. Will report back for anyone interested.

Messages In This Thread
RE: LibreELEC Testbuilds for x86_64 (Kodi 18.0) - by sappypappy - 2018-01-05, 14:14
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
LibreELEC Testbuilds for x86_64 (Kodi 18.0)24