v18 LibreELEC Testbuilds for x86_64 (Kodi 18.0)
(2018-02-05, 14:41)Milhouse Wrote:
(2018-02-05, 13:53)Guilouz Wrote: Can you try a video with DTS-HD HRA audio ? I can send you a sample if you want

With #0204, DTS-HD HRA (96Khz, 24-bit) is bitstreaming correctly from both a Revo 3700/ION2 and Skylake NUC6i5SYH into Onkyo TX-NR828, with the amp showing "DTS HD HRA".

I tested with the two samples (9 & 10 in Section 2) from the Kodi Samples page.   
 Just try 9 & 10 in Section 2 from sample page and they are not working, just DTS core is sent to AVR and sound is degraded.
 The box of my Internet provider is able to read files in passthrough, so I have try this same file with my AVR and they are played correctly.

So I think there is issue with Kaby Lake patch with DTS HRA.

This is the reply from Intel :
Quote:Hello Guilouz,

Thank you for your reply.

During these past days we were able to perform a deeper research about you issue.
We actually found information that might be pretty helpful.
Your NUC7i7BNH is still suffering audio issues while the NUC5i5RYH is not (based on your description)
Between the lists of operating systems that are compatible with our NUCs we found a huge difference regarding the models that you own: the supported operating systems.
Basically the NUC5i5RYH is fully compatible with the following OS list:
Windows 10 (32-bit and 64-bit)
Windows 8.1 (32-bit and 64-bit)
Windows 7 (32-bit and 64-bit)

And as well it has been customer reported with the following OS list:

ArchLinux
Debian
Fedora
Linux Mint
OpenBSD
Ubuntu
Xubuntu
As you can see, the unit does work smoothly with Linux Based Operating systems.
On the other hand we performed a research about the other model (NUC7i7BNH) and due to its components such as its CPU, will be only compatible with Windows® 10, 64-bit.

This is basically leading us to the fact that you may have hardware and software issues with your current unit (such as drivers) and is causing your unit to fail when playing the audio files.
In this case I strongly recommend you to get in touch with Linux (LibreELEC) Communities in order to get assistance regarding the issue.

Hope this helps

Best regards,
Diego S.
 Estuary MOD V2 

Messages In This Thread
RE: LibreELEC Testbuilds for x86_64 (Kodi 18.0) - by Guilouz - 2018-02-05, 23:37
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
LibreELEC Testbuilds for x86_64 (Kodi 18.0)24