v18 LibreELEC Testbuilds for x86_64 (Kodi 18.0)
(2018-02-05, 23:37)Guilouz Wrote: So I think there is issue with Kaby Lake patch with DTS HRA.

Please open a new bug on https://bugs.freedesktop.org

If the bug is in the Intel driver then your best hope is that one of the Intel developers will fix it. If it's anything like the original HBA fix, it might take 12 months or more. Or never.

Alternatively, use Windows as that's obviously the only OS that Intel officially support these days with their hardware.

Or buy your x86 hardware from a vendor that actively supports Linux, rather than just paying it lip service and cherry picking functionality often leaving out support for hardware which works with Windows.

If you plan on using Kodi and Linux, I wouldn't recommend buying Intel at all these days - there's always something broken, or some promised hardware feature that only works with Windows. Or Nvidia GPU for that matter (unless it's dirt cheap and you don't mind throwing it away in 12 months time should Kodi drop Nvidia support). I realise that doesn't leave many options, but unless you're desperate my advice would be to wait (maybe buy a cheap Android box) and then see if AMD can do any better.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.

Messages In This Thread
RE: LibreELEC Testbuilds for x86_64 (Kodi 18.0) - by Milhouse - 2018-02-06, 00:21
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
LibreELEC Testbuilds for x86_64 (Kodi 18.0)24