v18 LibreELEC Testbuilds for x86_64 (Kodi 18.0)
(2018-04-18, 13:06)HiassofT Wrote:
Quote:Edit: would be nice, if my mce receiver shows the same "snappy" behavior as my NUC receiver now does. 
Interesting. Which receiver are you using on the NUC (post the ir-keytable output)? The typically used ite-cir should give about the same performance as mceusb receivers - at least they both default to a 100ms timeout which is one of the factors regarding "snappiness". Are you also using the Harmony / RC6 remote there?

so long,

Hias

I created the following as /storage/.config/udev.rules.d/70-input-repeat.rules which reduces the repeat period to 50ms and makes my RC6/Harmony One with Skylake NUC much snappier, now almost as snappy as the very snappy Ortek VRC-1100 USB IR that I use on other devices:
text:
ACTION=="add", SUBSYSTEM=="input", KERNEL=="event[0-9]*", GOTO="start"
GOTO="end"
LABEL="start"

# don't change eventlircd device settings
ATTRS{name}=="eventlircd", GOTO="end"

# don't change settings of rc remotes
#SUBSYSTEMS=="rc", GOTO="end"

# set default repeat delay to 500ms like rc remotes
RUN+="/usr/bin/ir-keytable --delay=500 --period=50 --device=$devnode"

# make lircd-uinput use same repeat period like keyboards in kodi
ATTRS{name}=="lircd-uinput", \
RUN+="/usr/bin/ir-keytable --period=80 --device=$devnode"

LABEL="end"

You can tune the settings interactively with ir-keytable --delay=500 --period=50 until you find the values you like, then set them in the udev.rule so that they are applied when the system starts.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.

Messages In This Thread
RE: LibreELEC Testbuilds for x86_64 (Kodi 18.0) - by Milhouse - 2018-04-18, 13:39
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
LibreELEC Testbuilds for x86_64 (Kodi 18.0)24