v18 LibreELEC Testbuilds for x86_64 (Kodi 18.0)
(2018-05-10, 10:23)seiichiro0185 Wrote:
(2018-05-09, 18:34)seiichiro0185 Wrote: Hi there,

first of all thanks for all the great work with this build and Kodi/Libreelec in general, which runs absolutely amazing on my "Production" Mediacenter (Old Zotax ZBox passive).

I recently got my hands on a NUC7PJYH and I'm seeing the same problem as TheKraut reported. The integrated IR-Receiver works for a couple of keypresses and then stops doing anything. This happens with all the Alpha Builds back until March (didn't test further), and also with a current ArchLinux Installation including latest Kernel 4.16.7. I also tried the Installation from my old Zotac Box and a completely clean new Install of Libreelec.

I'll try to get a Windows 10 Installation onto the device and report back if it behaves any different. 
 So I installed Windows 10 on my Intel NUC7PJYH and tested the integrated IR receiver there.  It works without a problem. So it really seems to be a software problem on Linux (I suspect in the kernel). Unfortunately I have no usefull experience with debugging kernel driver issues.

If anyone has an idea what I could test or do to debug this problem further I'll gladly do it.  
Hi @seiichiro0185, @HiassofT,

Thanks, seiichiro0185, for taking the time to test with Windows 10.

I'm still not fully convinced that this is a Linux only / kernel related issue though, for two reasons.

First, in the the discussion at the Intel Community, people described it as "hit and miss" for the 2017 NUC7s when running Windows. So, it may take a while to reproduce, but the general notion was that the issue was still there every now and then.
Second, things appear to work perfectly fine in the LE installer, which should be running the same kernel (or at least, parts of it), right? @seiichiro0185, maybe you could briefly validate this behavior?

Anyway, I decided to buy some cheapo $4 IR receiver now, which should arrive in late May. Hopefully, this will provide more insight into whether we are facing a more general IR problem with LE / the NUC7 here or not.

Messages In This Thread
RE: LibreELEC Testbuilds for x86_64 (Kodi 18.0) - by User 413466 - 2018-05-12, 09:03
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
LibreELEC Testbuilds for x86_64 (Kodi 18.0)24