v18 LibreELEC Testbuilds for x86_64 (Kodi 18.0)
(2018-05-09, 04:29)billbillw Wrote:
(2018-05-08, 00:22)billbillw Wrote: I posted in the hardware forum, but still haven't gotten an answer. 

I am now trying to run LibreELEC on a NUC7i3. I keep reading conflicting info on whether or not DD+/DTS-HD/TrueHD passthrough will work with this NUC (with LibreELEC). Some reports of success, some of failure. I updated the BIOS to the latest. I don't have any HDMI 2.0, so I don't think I can update the firmware for HDMI. (EDIT: I did update to 1.66)

I started with a Milhouse build (not sure which, but one from April). Everything was working, but still having this issue with not being able to pass through DD+, True HD or DTS-HD MA. 
I tried updating to the 0505 release yesterday, but it did not help. I am not using "sync display", but I do use "switch refresh rate". I tested with/without refresh rate change and it doesn't seem to make a difference (like it did with my AMD experiment a few weeks ago). 

Is this something that still broken on the NUC, or is there a work around? Or am I totally doing something wrong?

I have an older, non-4K, non-HDMI 2.0 Yamaha receiver (RX-A3010). It worked fine with LibreELEC and my older hardware.

I am pretty sure that it is working with Windows, but I'd rather just stick with LibreELEC if possible. 

If a debug log will help, I can try to upload one soon.

EDIT: I am going to try the HDMI firmware update and see if it will take (without having any HDMI 2.0 gear). I assumed that the firmware wouldn't affect my non HDMI 2.0 setup, but apparently it is possible that is the issue.
So, I was able to successfully update the HDMI firmware to version 1.66. However, I am still unable to passthrough DTS-HD Master and TrueHD using LibreELEC, Milhouse 0505.
I was able to passthrough DD+, which seems to be an improvement....  
 So, another update. I installed Windows 10 and one of the Kodi 18 'Snapshots' from April. It works perfectly with my 1080p rips at both 24p and 60p passing DTS-HD Master and TrueHD/ATMOS.

So, the Kaby Lake NUC is capable of doing it. Is this still a kernel limitation with LibreELEC? I haven't really gotten any answers. Just some people saying 'yeah, I had that problem too'. 

As mentioned before, I'd really prefer to use LibreELEC. The Windows version just seems clunky and things like updates add headaches.

Any Ideas?
@fritsch @Milhouse

Messages In This Thread
RE: LibreELEC Testbuilds for x86_64 (Kodi 18.0) - by billbillw - 2018-05-15, 04:02
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
LibreELEC Testbuilds for x86_64 (Kodi 18.0)24