v18 LibreELEC Testbuilds for x86_64 (Kodi 18.0)
(2018-05-15, 11:58)fritsch Wrote:
(2018-05-15, 11:15)SuperSheep81 Wrote:
(2018-05-15, 07:36)fritsch Wrote:  That way you would loose support for all "older" nvidia gpus. To support both yet another hw decoder in kodi needs to be implemented, just cause nvidia does not want to support common APIs, even not those that they designed themselves (vdpau ...). For a kodi htpc nvidia gpus are totally useless.  
The support in the Video SDK goes back to the Geforce 600 series (Kepler). Older than that is due for replacement. I bought a 1030GT in januari because on this forum it was recommended. Link And now you say my card is useless because you think Nvidia developers change heart. I have been with Kodi since Eden. At first in Openelec, And now Libreelec. And now I have to search for an other mediaplayer. It's a shame! Sure implement Gaming into Kodi. With no support for faster GPU's. I always loved the Kodi community. Now I have the feeling being abandonned also.    
 You bought a recommendation from the Windows-Forum! 

If you love consists of: I like them as long as they implement the features I want - then this love is a bit one sided. Heck - what do you expect with three Linux-Developers left for a project used by 10 Million people?   
Don't get me wrong. I do have great respect for the developers of Kodi, and especially the Linux branch. You do great work. And I love watching my movies almost every day on Kodi. and I realise how much effort you put into making Kodi the best mediaplayer in the world. The fact this is my 4th post on this forum says I'm a happy user. I only think I'm not the only one who have a Nvidia GPU who has this problem.

Anyway, I think It's too early to bump VPDAU for the new decoder. Maybe in a year or so. I'll watch my 4k BR-discs on the blue ray player in the meanwhile. Is there any way I can request this as a new feature in a future version op libreelec?

Thank you

Messages In This Thread
RE: LibreELEC Testbuilds for x86_64 (Kodi 18.0) - by SuperSheep81 - 2018-05-15, 12:56
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
LibreELEC Testbuilds for x86_64 (Kodi 18.0)24