v18 LibreELEC Testbuilds for x86_64 (Kodi 18.0)
(2018-06-28, 10:07)DaVu Wrote:
(2018-06-27, 00:49)Milhouse Wrote: [getedid] Add AMD support and react on used kernel

Hey folkks and testers. I personally would be interested if the getedid-script works for you.

What that script is for:

Let's assume you have a connection like this: HTPC->HDMI->AVR->HDMI->TV

If the HTPC is turned on as the first device in the chain, then it might be possible, that the HTPC can't fetch the EDID given from the AVR or the TV and the screen will stay black. Only solution is to reboot the HTPC.

That script solves that problem. At least in a bit Wink. It hardcodes the EDID into a file which then will be used at boot time. So the device will kind of "know" what kind of device is connected, even if it's not turned on.

Note: The AVR or the TV has to be connected while using kernel >4.15 as you can't force an output due to a bug IIRC

Usage:

- Connect all devices properly
- start all connected devices and make sure everything works fine (audio is ok, audiio formats are ok, picture is ok in regard of resolution and such)
- login via SSH
- enter getedid create

That's it. Depending on the GPU in use the device will either restart Kodi or reboot itself. After that it shouldn't matter if the HTPC is turned on as the first or the last device in the chain. It should always give you a screen.

Troubleshooting:

If the create-command doesn't work you probably used that script in an older version before. If that's the case you have to delete the created edid before. That's also easily done by the script while using getedid delete via SSH. After the deletion (and a possbile reboot/restart) is done, you should be able to use getedid create again.

Why I'm speaking to:

I once wrote that script some time ago with the help of @Milhouse and @lrusak (thanks for that) and in that version I added the support of AMD GPUs. I would love to see some AMD users to report if the script works fine for them or not. I'm also interested if it works for Intel or NVidia users as well. But AMD support is the new addition and I "kind of" expect Intel and NVidia to work. But reports are always welcome

As there's also a kernel change from LE 8.2.5 to the current nightlies, I had to change drm_kms_helper.edid_firmware to drm.edid_firmware as the former is deprecated since kernel 4.15. Currently we can't force the output internally like we could do with LE 8.2.5. So plewase don't assume you are able to run Kodi headless. If that will be fixed, I`ll change it ASAP.

Thanks for reading and please ping me if you notice something.

Cheers
DaVu 
 Just a reminder for those who want to test.

Thx again.

Messages In This Thread
RE: LibreELEC Testbuilds for x86_64 (Kodi 18.0) - by DaVu - 2018-07-08, 14:43
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
LibreELEC Testbuilds for x86_64 (Kodi 18.0)24