v18 LibreELEC Testbuilds for x86_64 (Kodi 18.0)
(2018-08-25, 05:54)Milhouse Wrote:
(2018-08-25, 01:52)UrushibaraRuka Wrote: As far as I understand it we don't get the 1080p and higher streams anymore because of the DRM Amazon and the like use and that it partially has to do with OpenGL.
I'm pretty sure that OpenGL or Vulcan has nothing to do with Netflix/Amazon DRM limitations, as you can already view 1080p Netflix/Amazon streams with OpenGL today. The most common limitation is that of your CPU as the Netflix/Amazon DRM streams need to be software decoded - a weak CPU may only manage 720p, and stutter with 1080p or higher.

These are my inputstream.adaptive settings, and I'm able to view 1080p without a problem (the 4K HEVC option in the Netflix add-on is disabled as it causes the temperature on my Skylake i5 NUC CPU to go through the roof):

Maybe this comment on github is relevant: https://github.com/asciidisco/plugin.vid...-414315046:
Quote:inputstream.adaptive will by default not let you play a stream with a resolution larger than your active display resolution. If your display is running below 1920x1080, enable Ignore display resolution in the inputstream.adaptive settings.

If you have further problems viewing Netflix or Amazon content, I'd suggest contacting the relevant developers on their github. 

Sorry for the late reply @Milhouse 
It's not that I don't get 1080p streams on Amazon at all, some TV Shows such as Lucifer are delivered in 1080p, I'm just not sure if it's done with the software decoder (in which case my CPU is enough for it) or hardware decoded (in which case Amazon has a very inconsistent implementation of their DRM).

But Movies such as "The Dark Knight" are only delivered in sub 720p (9XX x 5XX). It worked in 1080p hardware some (long) time ago but then Amazon decided to change the DRM and now most Movies and even some TV Shows are delivered in sub 720p.

In the German addon thread for the Amazon VOD addon it was explained like this:
The server gets a request for a Movie, the server asks if the device is able to conform with the DRM (trusted memory so the content can't be copied) and if the answer is "no" the server only deliveres the next highest stream below 720p (which is usually the mentioned 9XX x 5XX).

Now to my understanding, Vulkan 1.1 adds this "trusted memory" to prevent copying the content thus making the ask of the server a "yes" which would enable 1080p with the hardware decoder again.

And just to clarify, my inputstream is set like in your screenshot and my display is running at 1080p as well (also tried the ignore display resolution and still only got the mentioned 9XX x 5XX streams on most Movies).
I also got the same result on my Ryzen 1600X system running at 3,9GHz all core.
For bandwidth, everything is connected with a 400Mbps connection (1Gbps LAN), so there is also no issue here.

Thanks again for your clarification.

Messages In This Thread
RE: LibreELEC Testbuilds for x86_64 (Kodi 18.0) - by UrushibaraRuka - 2018-08-26, 19:38
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
LibreELEC Testbuilds for x86_64 (Kodi 18.0)24