v18 LibreELEC Testbuilds for x86_64 (Kodi 18.0)
(2018-11-07, 18:19)jmerrilljr Wrote: I have no idea how to access my kernel command line. Also iperf can't connect to libreelec via TCP. I must be doing something wrong. Thanks for all your help.

TCP should be the default for iperf - you're telling it to test UDP by using the -u option. You're also limiting the bandwidth to 100Mb (which you'll probably never see with UDP even without kernel issues).

I'd suggest using the following iperf options on the client:
text:

iperf -c 10.0.1.55 -t 60 -i 10

On the server, you only need:
text:

iperf -s

To access your kernel command line, you need to edit /flash/syslinux.cfg.

To make the /flash partition writeable, you first need to run mount -o remount,rw /flash.

You can use vi or nano to edit /flash/syslinux.cfg.

Make a backup of your current file with:
text:

cp /flash/syslinux.cfg /flash/syslinux.cfg.bak

The kernel command line is the line that begins with APPEND so if your current file looks like:
text:

DEFAULT linux
PROMPT 0

LABEL linux
KERNEL /KERNEL
APPEND boot=LABEL=System disk=LABEL=Storage quiet

then you need to change /flash/sylinux.cfg to be:
text:

DEFAULT linux
PROMPT 0

LABEL linux
KERNEL /KERNEL
APPEND boot=LABEL=System disk=LABEL=Storage quiet log_buf_len=16M

Obviously, if you get this wrong and corrupt the contents of this file you may have a non-booting system which you can recover using LibreELEC booted from a memory stick (you'll need to boot into live live mode, enable ssh, login with ssh and your internal HDD/SSD will be available via the /media path - restore syslinux.cfg from your syslinux.cfg.bak backup) then reboot from HDD/SSD.

Only make this change if you are confident about making the change.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.

Messages In This Thread
RE: LibreELEC Testbuilds for x86_64 (Kodi 18.0) - by Milhouse - 2018-11-07, 18:39
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
LibreELEC Testbuilds for x86_64 (Kodi 18.0)24