v18 LibreELEC Testbuilds for x86_64 (Kodi 18.0)
(2018-11-19, 00:54)whocarez1 Wrote: Yes, I will do that. However, there are at least two of those "AER: error corrected" bugs reported recently for kernel 4.19. I am not sure if each of those bugs are triggered by the same thing. This one is about the same PCIe port: https://bugzilla.kernel.org/show_bug.cgi?id=199695 As a small workaround I added pci=nomsi to the kernel command line. It "helps" for the time being, at least on my Chromebox. Surely just a workaround, since it only suppresses a possible driver problem.

Yes, I've found bugs which mention type=Physical Layer (same as the bug you linked above), and then there are bugs with type=Data Link Layer, which matches the errors reported in this thread and also the bug I linked previously. I'm not sure if the type actually matters to be honest - they could be the same bug (or same root), or completely different bugs.

Also, I'm not sure what the commonality is of this bug - it doesn't affect everyone, but seems to affect Chromebox, which is based on r8169, although I don't see this issue with my Revo 3700 which is also r8169 based. However the errors are being kicked out by the PCI Bridge, and the details in the bug I linked seem to have come from an AMD Threadripper system.

All we know is that this seems to have started with 4.19-rc1. It could be a configuration issue, but PCIEAER (PCI Express Advanced Error Reporting) related configs are the same in both 4.18.14 and 4.19-rc1.

I don't want to be the middle man in this bug as I can't reproduce it so can't add much value, in which case posting your logs direct to the bug is the best option right now - if there are any fixes proposed I'll be more than happy to help you all test them (I've cc'd myself on the bug).

(2018-11-19, 00:54)whocarez1 Wrote:
text:

mount -o remount,rw /flash
vi /flash/EFI/BOOT/syslinux.cfg
reboot

If you do not boot through EFI, possibly just edit /flash/syslinux.cfg
If you are booting with EFI you should only need to edit /flash/syslinux.cfg - we have done away with /flash/EFI/BOOT/syslinux.cfg (several months ago).
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.

Messages In This Thread
RE: LibreELEC Testbuilds for x86_64 (Kodi 18.0) - by Milhouse - 2018-11-19, 02:14
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
LibreELEC Testbuilds for x86_64 (Kodi 18.0)24