v18 LibreELEC Testbuilds for x86_64 (Kodi 18.0)
(2018-12-09, 23:58)Milhouse Wrote:
(2018-12-09, 10:51)Simaryp Wrote: I think i have to add -nocursor before -nolisten. But I cant write to the file.

You can copy /usr/lib/systemd/system/xorg.service to /storage/.config/system.d/xorg.service and then to the file in /storage/.config/system.d add -nocursor (ie. before -nolisten), save the updated file and then run systemctl daemon-reload, before finally rebooting - you should now have no cursor.

However this is not really a solution IMHO, although as nobody else is able to reproduce the issue, maybe this is the best solution for now.

I'm hesitant to add this as a solution for everyone, as there are other downstream projects based on LibreELEC that are not using Kodi, eg. Lakka that may be using the mouse cursor functionality.   
 Thanks a lot. This is a speciality of Kodi that you don't configure anything in / but have all edited config files in /home, isn't it?
I think this really worked as I didn't see any cursor on second reboot. I am totally with you that it's only a workaround. But as I really don't need the cursor and it does nothing else, I don't mind if I forget it.

Do you think it would help if I provide a log with 1027 again without the whitelist and then with 1028 with exact same settings. FernetMenta had the idea I just have to deactivate resolution syncing and it would be the same as in 1027 without whitelist. But I can't believe it. Because I didn't notice any stuttering beforehand. I mean I can check again, but I would be really surprised. I can check if my display gives some note about the reolution it's running with.

Edit: I did some further research. Apparently it was really like FernetMenta said. You can have a look at the Github issue. So most likely the only really remaining bug is the cursor that comes to the upper layers because the layer order is messed up while display mode switches.

At the end maybe again a stupid question. Since the history of my installation is really wild (actually I really can't understand how I managed to install Libreelec 8 on the geminilake machine in the first run), would it maybe a good idea to make a clean installation or is it just a waste of time? What I maybe will definitely do beside of this is a firmware update of my Asrock board. I have the feeling that the release was maybe a bit rushed. At least there were some hdmi related kernel issues in the beginning.

Edit2: Checking the Asrock instructions I think I can not update BIOS. First/minor reason one has to open the case to place a jumper (really annoying). Second one has to use Windows. I can't really believe it that there is no simple bios over USB update on a machine from 2018.

Messages In This Thread
RE: LibreELEC Testbuilds for x86_64 (Kodi 18.0) - by Simaryp - 2018-12-10, 07:57
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
LibreELEC Testbuilds for x86_64 (Kodi 18.0)24