v18 LibreELEC Testbuilds for x86_64 (Kodi 18.0)
(2019-04-09, 11:22)beeswax Wrote: I've just jumped back across to LibreElec after a while on Windows but found that my remote no longer works with anything after build #311.

I'm using a Logitech Harmony Remote which is using a combination of MCE Remote commands (for the directional buttons and OK) and the MCE Keyboard for all the other buttons.  The method used to do this is detailed here.

Here are the debug logs from builds #311 and #312.  Everything works fine in 311 and then in 312, only the directional buttons remain working.  Running "ir-keytable -p mce_kbd" on #312 says it's switched to the MCE keyboard but it still doesn't work (tested with an actual MCE keyboard to make sure it isn't the remote).  Running "ir-keytable -p mce_kbd" on earlier builds makes the keyboard start working immediately (before using the above method to automatically set that at startup).

Anyone know what broke MCE keyboards in #312+ ?  Thanks!
With the newer kernel MCE keyboard handling has changed. Previously a separate input device was created for the MCE keyboard (which was then seen as a "keyboard" by the system), whereas current kernels send MCE keyboard events through the standard RC input device - so these events are now routed through eventlircd and Kodi sees them as Lirc events, not keyboard events.

As you are using a Harmony remote I'd recommed you configure it as just a standard MCE remote and better stay away from MCE keyboard. Supporting just the MCE keyboard would be rather easy but supporting both a MCE remote and a MCE keyboard is rather tricky.

so long,

Hias

Messages In This Thread
RE: LibreELEC Testbuilds for x86_64 (Kodi 18.0) - by HiassofT - 2019-04-09, 12:21
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
LibreELEC Testbuilds for x86_64 (Kodi 18.0)24