v18 LibreELEC Testbuilds for x86_64 (Kodi 18.0)
(2019-04-09, 19:09)HiassofT Wrote:
(2019-04-09, 16:50)beeswax Wrote: Oh dear, that's a shame.  Can you tell me how I switch to using pure MCE keyboard in the newer kernel?
If you create an empty 98-eventlircd.rules file eventlircd processing will be disabled and the MCE keyboard will work like before:
Code:
: > /storage/.config/udev.rules.d/98-eventlircd.rules
With eventlircd disabled MCE remote buttons will still mostly work, but some like KEY_OK or KEY_CHANNELUP/DOWN will stop working. If you want to use these you'll need to remap then to supported key codes (eg KEY_ENTER, KEY_PAGEUP/DOWN) via a custom rc_keymap file (you can use rc6_mce as a base and just change the keycodes you need).

so long,

Hias      
Hi Hias,

I tried the method of re-enabling the MCE keyboard but unfortunately that didn't work so I'm looking at the alternative - using only the standard MCE Remote profile with my Logitech remote.  So I got rid of all the custom keymaps and am just using the native libreelec_multi table now.  The MCE remote works pretty well like this but I'm really struggling to customise it in any way.  Using Kodi debugging, I was able to determine some of the more unusual button's IDs:

php:
My Videos        scancode = 0x800f044a    key_down: KEY_VIDEO(0x0189)        obc248
My Pictures        scancode = 0x800f0449    key_down: KEY_CAMERA(0x00d4)    obc249
My Music        scancode = 0x800f0447    key_down: KEY_M(0x0032)            obc255
My Radio         obc7
My TV            LIRC: - NEW 179 0 KEY_TV devinput (KEY_TV) DEBUG: HandleKey: one (0x31) pressed
Media Center    LIRC: - NEW e2 0 KEY_MEDIA devinput (KEY_MEDIA) DEBUG: HandleKey: percent (0x25)
Record            LIRC: - NEW a7 0 KEY_RECORD devinput (KEY_RECORD) DEBUG: HandleKey: text (0xe8) pressed, action is Record

I think it will be easy enough to customise anything with obc numbers by adding these kinds of entries into the Kodi keymap:

php:
        <universalremote> 
          <obc249>Stop</obc249>
        </universalremote>

However take this example - I want to make it so when I long-press the Record button in the EPG, it brings up the Series Timer window.  This was easy enough under the old kernel or Windows by simply mapping 'R' to record then doing this in the keymap:

php:
<tvguide>
        <keyboard>
            <r>Record</r>
            <r mod="longpress">showtimerrule</r>
        </keyboard>
    </tvguide>

But I can't make this work in the latest LE builds.  How do you insert an entry in the Kodi keymap when the input seemingly isn't from a keyboard or a universal remote ("LIRC: - NEW a7 0 KEY_RECORD devinput (KEY_RECORD)")?  I tried this:

php:
<tvguide>
        <keyboard>
            <text>Record</text>
            <text mod="longpress">showtimerrule</text>
        </keyboard>
    </tvguide>

to no avail.  I started replacing the functionality of the key just to see if I was actually getting the syntax right but even something simple like this doesn't work (Kodi just carries on with the default "record" binding):

php:
<global>
    <keyboard>
        <text>Info</text>
    </keyboard>
</global>

Any idea what I'm doing wrong?  I've been trying to get this to work all day Sad

Messages In This Thread
RE: LibreELEC Testbuilds for x86_64 (Kodi 18.0) - by beeswax - 2019-04-10, 16:10
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
LibreELEC Testbuilds for x86_64 (Kodi 18.0)24