Merge titles from multiple sources
I have searched a lot for this problem and tested various ideas I had in order to solve it, but nothing I did worked. So, I request some help from the community.

I have 2 sources: one at my home, one at my parents, on each's private nas. We share our content via ftp, with user and password. The movies are not pirated, for those who ask the question Smile.

Sometimes, we both share the same movie and we see duplicates in the library. Is there any way to merge the duplicates or to show only one source?

Thank you in advance for your help!
You could tag duplicates as they appear, then use a smart playlist to exclude duplicates tagged from 'the other place'.
eg you end up with something like:
Quote:<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>
<smartplaylist type="movies">
<name>Test</name>
<match>all</match>
<rule field="tag" operator="doesnotcontain">
<value>parents</value>
</rule>
</smartplaylist>
2 minutes to make the playlist in the gui, but you still have to go through and tag all the duplicates.

There might be an easier (more automated) way, but I can't think of one right now.
Wink 
Thank you for the reply. Seems like a fix (I tested it and it works > thanks ). The only inconvenient to it is that I would prefer to remove duplicates from Movies and TV Shows category, not to enter the playlist. I don't mind checking a tag for each duplicate, but not to show it in the list anymore.

Any ideas?
If you use a skin which supports custom items that isn't an issue - you just link to a smart playlist called 'Movies' and another called 'TV Shows' on your home screen and don't use the main lists. Otherwise I'm not sure there's a solution.
I will search a skin with that functionality and come back to you to share my results.

Thanks for the solution!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Merge titles from multiple sources0