The myth2kodi script automates the mapping of MythTV recordings to a Kodi library.
myth2kodi is a derivative of mythicalLibrarian.
Basic functionality when processing a recording:
- Runs as a MythTV user job.
- Can also be run at command prompt.
- Generates file names that Kodi can easily process into your library.
- MythTV recording files are either moved or linked based on user settings.
- Creates comskip and NFO files where appropriate.
- Sends Notifications and library update requests to Kodi.
- Sends desktop notifications (Gnome).
- Generates an RSS feed that can be accessed by Kodi.
Ultra brief usage:
At the command-line:
myth2kodi "Input File" "show name" "episode name"
As a MythTV user job:
Additional functionality via command-line flags:
--scan: Process all the recordings in a directory.
--recording-info: Retrieves information on a recording from your MythTV-DB and prints it to stdout.
--log: Extracts just those parts of the myth2kodi log files relevant to the processing of a specified recording and displays them in a pager.
--delete: Deletes a specified recording and its associated database entry.
--rerecord: Same as --delete, but, also requests mythbackend to rerecord.
--disconnect: Disconnects a specified recording from MythTV, deleting the MythTV-DB entry.
--series-info: Updates our local database tables for a specified series.
--comskip: Regenerates the comskip file for recordings that have already been processed.
--diagnostics: Tests the functionality of myth2kodi, reports the status.
--maintenance: Clean-up files and directories created by myth2kodi.
More information can be found in the doc/ directory of the myth2kodi repository, or, once it's installed, by running:
Code repository is here:
Tar-ball download of the latest release is here:
If you are already familiar with mythicalLibrarian, then, you may find this minimalist summary of the differences useful: