Release myth2kodi -- generate Kodi friendly file-names from MythTV recordings.
(2017-03-08, 03:03)stuartk Wrote:
(2017-03-02, 14:14)jctennis Wrote: Anyway, whenever you decide to give an install script a whack I am more than happy to do some error testing from the *buntu neck of the woods.

Your suggestion of an install script became an itch in the back of my mind...
So, if you are still open to doing some testing it is in the repo now.

While it works safely on my system for all the cases I could think to check, just to be extra safe, before testing it is probably a good idea that you back-up your myth2kodi working directory -- or if possible test the install script on a different machine.

From the main myth2kodi directory of your clone of the repo, as the user who will be running myth2kodi, just run:
Code:
./install.sh
It should work from either a repo, where by default it will install the latest release, or from a release tar-ball.
As I have not made a release including it yet, to test from a tar-ball just copy the install.sh file from the repo into the unpacked release directory and run it from there.
It is interactive by default, there is also a non-interactive 'quick' install option that just does a default install.
The interactive mode allows you to, optionally, specify non-default install and working directories.
If it fails during install then any temporary files it created, including the install log, should be in /tmp.
After a successful install, the install log is moved to myth2kodi's working directory and, unless debugging is enabled, any other temporary files are deleted.

Let me know if anything is not clear, or you have any issues, or if by some miracle it "just works"...
Sorry for the late response... I had to get into a few projects I didn't expect. The script seems to be working very well. The only problem I could foresee so far id if someone has a non-standard Librarian. I don't, but somewhere out there someone probably does. Otherwise, so far so good.

Messages In This Thread
RE: myth2kodi -- generate Kodi friendly file-names from MythTV recordings. - by jctennis - 2017-03-10, 16:08
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
myth2kodi -- generate Kodi friendly file-names from MythTV recordings.2