• 6(current)
WIP Aeon 2 (Kodi Matrix/Leia/Krypton)
(2017-01-05, 22:02)djh_ Wrote: It will happily fall back to regular posters for movies and regular fanart for TV shows, but prefers a system of having each movie in its own folder, with 'posters' and 'keyart' subfolders.

DJH just to clarify when you're referring to 'keyart' folders is that the same as fanart? All my movies and tv shows are saved in individual folders containing subfolders called 'extrafanart'

Will your skin still recognise the 'extrafanart' subfolder to display multiimages or does it have to be renamed to 'keyart'?

I'm one of those pedantic people that are completely hands-on with selecting posters (must be clean with no text other than film title and as high res an image as available) and fanart (always 1080 with sharpest image quality available). I will scour the net for images if dissatisfied with offerings from fanart.tv and themoviedb to maintain my personal standards and can understand your approach.

Looking at your screenshots for list viewtype, I'll consider retrieving poster art that is completely clean of text now, as there's no need for it with the text right aligned as opposed to most other skins that have it left aligned.
All the movie stuff is in poster format, yes, whether it's a theatrical poster or textless keyart. A lot of 16:9 fanart is just badly cropped posters anyway, and you can always recycle good stuff into the home page backdrops, I suppose.
www: deadendthrills.com
follow on twitter for updates, etc: @deadendthrills
Litle play with your view...lovely jubbly ,just to see animation Smile

edit:blurry images
XBoxMediaCenter (Kodi Matrix ) 19.3 , AndroidBox -Matrix Skin AeonMQ6
Ripping it off before it's even released isn't very respectful imo. Sad
Umm, yeah, wtf dude? Is this how things work in this community nowadays?

Guess that's it for previews and such. Sorry, guys.
djh_ !!!
I am no skiner, just XBMC fan.
I dont have mine skin, this code is in mine Kodi..."wtf dude".How this two images can change your attitude.

Your name is in the skin that I use.....I didnt want to angry, sorry.
In my country now is Christmas Eve (Бадњи Дан) , too many beer spoke from me...sorry again, I dont will paricipate in this thread anymore.

(2017-01-06, 22:03)Hitcher Wrote: Ripping it off before it's even released isn't very respectful imo. Sad
"Ripping it off"...where ?.....What code ?
That is just image...I always feel free to create what like to me.
Correct me if i'am wrong, master gjh_ didnt write one row of his code for Aeon 2017.I cant Ripping something that doesent excist (in public).
Dont need to write your answer, i'll alredy know.
XBoxMediaCenter (Kodi Matrix ) 19.3 , AndroidBox -Matrix Skin AeonMQ6
You're 'no skinner' and yet you publish mods for other skins, one of which you're already teasing this for.

Whatever, you must surely see how that cheapens something I'm working overtime to give to people at a certain standard, with a certain freshness that will be eradicated by people just straight up copying it before it's even close to coming out. Your notion of 'intellectual property' seems to concern XML rather than images and ideas. The fact is that IP doesn't exist when it comes to this stuff, which is why we trust each other not to cannibalise upcoming work with a zeal that might make original skinners wonder why they even bother.

If you're happy to do that, and for that to be the done thing around here, let's assume that a dozen other people do it, too. Because why not? So now there isn't one Aeon 2017, but a dozen, none of which is 'Aeon 2017'. What's a creator to do? Rush their stuff to completion in the hope it's not old before it's new? Stop previewing or discussing anything because what's the point if it's just going to end up a clone of its own clones? This isn't about IP, it's about etiquette, and understanding that the long term consequence of 'feeling free to create what you like' in that manner is that there will be no new ideas, because you'll have leeched away all the fun of creating them.
(2017-01-06, 23:12)djh_ Wrote: Umm, yeah, wtf dude? Is this how things work in this community nowadays?

Guess that's it for previews and such. Sorry, guys.

Well that's a crying shame. Look forward to seeing the big reveal when it's available
Duplicate post
(2017-01-06, 22:03)Hitcher Wrote: Ripping it off before it's even released isn't very respectful imo. Sad
Quote:"Ripping it off"...where ?.....What code ?
That is just image...I always feel free to create what like to me.
Correct me if i'am wrong, master gjh_ didnt write one row of his code for Aeon 2017.I cant Ripping something that doesent excist (in public).
Dont need to write your answer, i'll alredy know.

Not sure if your imitation intent here was flattery or otherwise
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2493740

But not cool for a skin still in development without asking the author for permission first.
(2017-01-07, 00:52)Kokonutcreme Wrote: Well that's a crying shame. Look forward to seeing the big reveal when it's available

It is a shame, but I guess the fault is mine for showing anything in the first place. I do it because it's fun, but also because operating under a veil of secrecy would a) make it a lot bloody harder to ask questions and make feature requests, and b) encourage unrealistic expectations of what is and isn't going to be in the skin when it's out. But I guess that's what has to happen or, well, what's the point of finishing the thing at all?
(2017-01-07, 01:10)djh_ Wrote:
(2017-01-07, 00:52)Kokonutcreme Wrote: Well that's a crying shame. Look forward to seeing the big reveal when it's available

It is a shame, but I guess the fault is mine for showing anything in the first place. I do it because it's fun, but also because operating under a veil of secrecy would a) make it a lot bloody harder to ask questions and make feature requests, and b) encourage unrealistic expectations of what is and isn't going to be in the skin when it's out. But I guess that's what has to happen or, well, what's the point of finishing the thing at all?

Easier said than done, I know... But try not to let it deter you.
The guy is quick to copy a design and boast for attention instead of just keeping it to himself, then instead of just removing his post... He blurs the images and attempts to justify it with a notion of IP and freedom of choice. Some people just don't get it... Like you said, completely a matter etiquette.

If you decide not to share anymore previews (I know I wouldn't) that's completely understandable and we'll hang tight for a release.
Happy skinning. It's good to have you back.
I hope you don't see someone taking inspiration from your ideas as a reason to stop promoting what you're developing. I'm one of any-number-of-skinners who have tried to fight the Kodi skinning engine when it comes to basic navigation, settings and so forth - areas you say you're developing alternative solutions for. I can't wait to see what you have in store.

However there is an element of once an idea is in the public domain it will be copied - hopefully not wholesale as we've seen, but I've been working on a concept I refer to as 'Aliter' for longer than I care to remember (and will continue to do so for a hell of a long time as it basically ignores all normal Kodi navigational contents - whether thats settings, library, home screen and so on, and needs so many scripts to get it to work in a half-way acceptable way that it will probably never be finished) and see your concept for 'paralax' backgrounds (something I've never considered but can see the benefit of) - as a very useful idea and am so looking creating my own implementation of. I hope this doesn't offend you and, if it does, I hope the fact that my own implementation will probably never see the light of day mitigates that somewhat Smile
Unfortunately it happens far too often here, there were times in a previous mod of mine where my work was being published in another mod within hours of releasing it. It is very annoying but nobody does a thing about it.

Anyway as others have said (and I know its demoralising when it takes so long to design/code...but only seconds to copy/paste) don't let it put you off. There's some good innovation going on here and it would be a shame for that not to be completed.
(2017-01-07, 01:48)BobCratchett Wrote: However there is an element of once an idea is in the public domain it will be copied - hopefully not wholesale as we've seen, but I've been working on a concept I refer to as 'Aliter' for longer than I care to remember (and will continue to do so for a hell of a long time as it basically ignores all normal Kodi navigational contents - whether thats settings, library, home screen and so on, and needs so many scripts to get it to work in a half-way acceptable way that it will probably never be finished) and see your concept for 'paralax' backgrounds (something I've never considered but can see the benefit of) - as a very useful idea and am so looking creating my own implementation of. I hope this doesn't offend you and, if it does, I hope the fact that my own implementation will probably never see the light of day mitigates that somewhat Smile

They're not really a full-blown manifestation of parallax scrolling anyway, and I'd be insane to lay any kind of claim to a technique that's probably older than I am, not to mention used in loads of other UIs as a matter of course. PlayStation Store is one that comes to mind.
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aeon 2 (Kodi Matrix/Leia/Krypton)30