remote update android tv box kodi 16.1->17->18?making Idiotproof?
Why?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
You want a server solution but you don't want remote access?. try Yatse I think it has a cloud.

You can set up profiles in Kodi and save configurations

so when Greek Addon decides to stop supporting 16 and moves onto 17. you can either send them the configuration files and teach tme how to use it or do it remotely.

If the goal is to avoid long phone calls or goto their house then a VNC or using the kodi webserver are your main options

If it is an android box running kodi it is at least version 4.4

If its a rooting issue with VNC I am surprised the boxes aren't already rooted.
Airdroid might be another option.

Personally I would suggest downloading your repositories . if an outdated respository 99% of the time can be installed and autoupdate on install

Your hinting at a automated kodi wizard package that the devs have been very adamant against and have no intention of spending their time making things easier for the out of the box bundlers.

Box: Matircom G Box AMLS812
Kodi: SPMC
Skin APPTV
Connection ADSL(11MPS) , Ethernet
Game Systems : Wii, PS3
Cable Provider: WOW! (Wide Open West)
Media servers (windows 10 PC) Mediaportal, Playon, Kodi

@tornicade
my problem is i want to maintain every box from my house whitout leaving my house.
rooting is not the problem, vnc is a option but everything in android is running in the background, and the android tv boxes have not much resources.
the android tv boxes are 4x1,6ghz 2gb ram. 8gb rom.
i thought to connect through ssh to the boxes and make everything through the terminal like linux servers.
iam using linux for over 10 years and i have a lttle experience with the terminal.and android is linux , isn't ?
and wizards are to complicated for my family and the build solution watever its called i have no idea, is way to colmplicated.
and i have the hussle again to call everybody
a few days ago i found my tv box with 4.2.2 and 16.0 problems updating addons.
so here you go again!!!
i lost 2 hours to delete everything and put everything together again.
16.1 + my favorite addons. having somewhere a server updating every setting every addon every ip setting, every service setting every subtitle setting.....and so on and so on

maybe i sound like a seller but iam just the it guy for my family.i have to update every box by hand.
is very painfull enoing time waisting.....etc etc

the best thing somewhere a script on a server. every box is checking the the script, downloading everything they need.
whitout the users doing anything ( the normal updating aproach dosent work on every box ) the box is checking the script.
downloading everything up to date . perfect!!!!

the other thing i could do ( in theory )
i connect to each box through ssh and change everything trough the terminal ( i dont know if this is possible, this is why i started the thread )
making scripts updating the boxes themselves

iam not intrested doing builds/or apks/or whatever its called nothing just kodi+the favorites addon

and iam not a seller i dont sell this i just want to save my time.maybe you understand
I don't think ssh is useful to that extent for android.

I am unclear why your users cannot go to the playstore and upgrade to the next kodi version. It is no different to updating an app on a phone.

All addons will update themselves from their repos.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Exactly... solving non existant problem here. All addons will update throu repos automatically and Kodi is not updated often so that it should be a problem... it can also automatically update through Play store....
but they dont update automatically this is why i loose so much time.
i know is not often that kodi updates i believe there is a way even to make settings
so no luck?
edit:
the repo dont update automatically there is a option for update the you have to push.
to much for my family and over phone guidance
If your addons don't update automatically, that is because you set it to not do so.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
remote update android tv box kodi 16.1->17->18?making Idiotproof?0