v17 Playback Problem
I installed the Kodi 17 Beta 7 version and since that, the videos wont work unless the option "sync playback to display" is selected.
The video starts playing but the image freezes and no audio. If i set the option above everything works fine, the problem is with this option i can't get audio pass-through.

When the video is played using the option selected and after that i deselect it plays fine too,

I'm using kodi on nvidia shield with latest firmware.

Can someone please help?
no debug log (wiki) nothing to help assist you with. please provide one via pastebin.com
(2016-12-27, 16:22)bry Wrote: no debug log (wiki) nothing to help assist you with. please provide one via pastebin.com

Link for log file https://paste.ubuntu.com/23694833/
Disable Passthrough. It's horrible broken and only works by luck.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
If i disable Passthrough the Av will receive PCM decoded by Kodi.
Exactly that.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
And will be corrected in next versions?
What is wrong with pcm decoded by kodi?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Nobody is working on it.
(2016-12-27, 23:49)nickr Wrote: What is wrong with pcm decoded by kodi?
I'll prefer streaming to AV and let the DAC in AV doing the job.
You appear to be confused. Kodi is not doing any digital to analogue conversion. Your dac will still do that.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Yes i know, Kodi is converting the stream to PCM that means is decoding. Kodi can send multichannel PCM?
The strange thing is that works well with SPMC.
Jep - SPMC uses the famous PCM hack. If that works for you - keep it.
But the kodi 17 interface is a must Smile
It starts to work in RC version Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Playback Problem0