Naming of Kodi 18
Hello All
I know that the thread for the name of Kodi 18 has closed. But in light of today's news I would like to propose that kodi 18 be named Leia. As a tribute to Carrie Fisher

Many thanks

Adam
I am not sure Disney (who now own LucasFilm) will share your excellent idea, do a search for Leia copyrighted, and decide for yourself.
Thank You
English is not my native language; please excuse typing errors.
Grampa Simpson: Unfortunately, like all true stories, this one has a crappy ending. You have a story with an ending.
Grampa, are you sure you're okay to drive at night? Grampa: It's night?
Banned add-ons
You can't copyright a name.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
A quick Google suggests that

"Leia is the ancient Biblical Greek spelling of Leah (Λεια vs Hebrew לֵאָה), a name borne from the Hebrew Bible and Old Testament as the elder sister of Rachel and the first wife of Jacob (Genesis 29:1-30)"

So, Disney will genuinely have to take it to the highest authority to claim ownership Smile
Search | Banned addons (wiki) | Forum rules (wiki) | First time user (wiki) | FAQs (wiki) | Troubleshooting (wiki) | Add-ons (wiki) | Free content (wiki) | Debug log (wiki)Free Content
@adamkent322 thanks for your suggestion. The idea was also brought up within the team before you posted, so it'll be considered.
I was about to make the same suggestion, it would be great.
Excellent suggestion.
i figured kodi always like a "man" :-)
Well theres lot of option with an honorary name under a star wars theme.

Organa - very recognizable last name
Leitmotif- a musical composition written for fishers character in the movies.
Alderaan her home planet. which goes with the location base names of the past. ( of course naming a version after a destroyed planet could be kinda ominous.
Polis Massa was where she her character was born.

I Am really hoping that a Geographical Location like a sun, planet or galaxy is used. to keep with naming tradition.

or since the press has killed off Kodi recently and Krypton killed Superman and the version is L. Lazarus. might be a nice little theme kinda symbolic in many ways. especially if the Pirate sellers are forced underground where the belong .

I do hope someone suggested it
Box: Matircom G Box AMLS812
Kodi: SPMC
Skin APPTV
Connection ADSL(11MPS) , Ethernet
Game Systems : Wii, PS3
Cable Provider: WOW! (Wide Open West)
Media servers (windows 10 PC) Mediaportal, Playon, Kodi

I like it
(2016-12-29, 20:51)tornicade Wrote: Well theres lot of option with an honorary name under a star wars theme.

Alderaan her home planet. which goes with the location base names of the past. ( of course naming a version after a destroyed planet could be kinda ominous.

I Am really hoping that a Geographical Location like a sun, planet or galaxy is used. to keep with naming tradition.

or since the press has killed off Kodi recently and Krypton killed Superman and the version is L. Lazarus. might be a nice little theme kinda symbolic in many ways. especially if the Pirate sellers are forced underground where the belong .

Only one of those starts with L.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2016-12-29, 21:48)nickr Wrote:
(2016-12-29, 20:51)tornicade Wrote: Well theres lot of option with an honorary name under a star wars theme.

Only one of those starts with L.

Never seen the naming thread. wasn't aware of the guidelines and some times I like to ramble.
Box: Matircom G Box AMLS812
Kodi: SPMC
Skin APPTV
Connection ADSL(11MPS) , Ethernet
Game Systems : Wii, PS3
Cable Provider: WOW! (Wide Open West)
Media servers (windows 10 PC) Mediaportal, Playon, Kodi

There was a naming thread but it closed already. I'm thinking my top favorites, Labia and Lactate, are not in consideration. Jokes aside, Leviathan is a good powerful word.
The decision has already been made, so there should be an announcement soon.
KODI 19 : Melmac !!!!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Naming of Kodi 181