MXQ Pro Box - Kodi crashes
So I have a MXQ Pro 4k S905 box set up for my inlaws with Kodi.

Just recently Kodi stopped working for them so I took the box home to check it out. I have xmbc launcher installed on it so Kodi automatically launches and sure enough the box boots and Kodi begins to launch it will flash the Kodi Krypton logo. Crash to black. Back to Kodi Krypton loading screen. Crash to black etc.

For the life of me I can't figure out how to get back to the standard android launch screen so I can delete Kodi and do a clean install. At the moment the box is useless.

Any help?
Bump.

Anyone have a clue? I can't even figure out how to do a hard reset on this thing.
You could copy the data files to a thumb drive off of a device that is working with ES file explorerand paste them in place of the corrupt files on your in-laws box.
Running Matrix Titan Bingie Mod skin on Nvidia Shield to Insignia 58in 4k TV in living room. Same setup on Xiaomi Mi boxes in my bedroom and home gym. Same setup in camper with a 24in tv, Google Pixel 7 Android 13 cell phone. Kodi and Plex Server Dell Inspirion 5575 Ryzen 5 HTPC Windows 10 with 5TB external HDD
Do a fresh install of kodi and try again.

Sent from my iPhone
Thanks everyone for the responses but the problem is that I can't get back to the Android home screen because of XMBC launcher and basically KODI is still open just on a black screen so can't uninstall it or go to settings on box.
(2017-01-08, 02:48)LloydShow Wrote: Bump.

Anyone have a clue? I can't even figure out how to do a hard reset on this thing.

Most of those boxes have a "toothpick method" reset. However, this not a general Android support forum so you'll need to ask you box manufacture\seller or somewhere like XDA Developers that deal with those topics.

Usually you can do a simple Google search to find the answer about resetting.
Forum Rules (wiki) | Banned add-ons (wiki) | Wiki (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
The other solution if wanting to run Kodi only is to simply flash LibreELEC Kodi on to a Samsung or Sandisk Class 10 microSDHC and use that. Kodi will definitely work then. It will be the best version of Kodi you can load on to your device.

Personally I would use SPMC (Kodi) on Android instead of the regular Kodi Jarvis App if sticking with Android. SPMC is found in the Google Play Store.
The Kodi Krypton RC2 versions are not bad either.

Ah, cmon even if you have xmbc launcher or whatever you can pull down the notifications menu from the top with the mouse and go to settings where you can set another launcher (default one that came with the box should be there)Huh?
(2017-01-12, 09:52)DaLanik Wrote: Ah, cmon even if you have xmbc launcher or whatever you can pull down the notifications menu from the top with the mouse and go to settings where you can set another launcher (default one that came with the box should be there)Huh?

Have tried using mouse to right-click etc on the black screen. Don't know what you mean by pull down notification menu.
It is android right? So every android (have a look at your phone i.e.) has notification when you pull from screen topHuh

Sent from my N7100
I don't know if it will work similar to a phone but I guess I could try it with the mouse.
All chinese boxes have regular android, not android TV, and those 100% have notification menu...
Mediabox.ent shows you how to reset the device and you will also find the firmware for reinstall. You will need to open you mxq pro 4k before hand to check a number on the board. You will be looking for a number that ends in 88 or 89. This is important to get the.right firmware.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MXQ Pro Box - Kodi crashes0