Krypton 17 RC install
Please move this thread to whatever section as needed.

I've a new Android TV box - BB2 Pro - 64bit Amlogic S912 Octacore 3gb 16gb, ARM Cortex-A53 cpu, Android 6.0.1

It came installed with Krypton 17, however the version reads Krypton 17-VS:Git:2016-09-28 f75cc2c-dirty

I've tried to install the ARM 64bit 17.0 RC, but it fails to install from the APK.

So before I get to far into installing Add-Ons, should I UnInstall the exist Kodi 17. and then install a "fresh" Kodi 17 RC?? I'm asking because I'm unsure of the Krypton compatibility with the listed specs.

Please advise
Yes, since the version that came with the device is most likely a custom build of Kodi and you will receive no support for that here.

Also, you will most likely need to install the 32bit (ARMv7a) version because even though your SoC is 64bit in all likelihood your Android version is 32bit and both your OS and SoC have to be 64bit to install the 64bit version of Kodi.

And since you are new and mentioned add-ons, I would remind you of our Forum rules (wiki) and that there is no support here for Banned add-ons (wiki) either.
Forum Rules (wiki) | Banned add-ons (wiki) | Wiki (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Thanks, I appreciate the feedback and advise. I suspected the build was a custom job. I'll config accordingly.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Krypton 17 RC install0