Win Audio Pass Through issues - only works with external player
Music 
I hate this, asking for help and bothering people but, I've exhausted everything I know about Kodi to try and figure out what the heck is going on here.

I have Kodi installed on a Win7x64 HTPC using HDMI out to a Sony AVR then to my TV. I have all the required "passthrough" audio options selected. However, when I play any .MKV using any audio source (DTS / DTS-HD etc) my AVR will only display "PCM" on it.

Now here is where it gets weird; if I launch that same .MKV in Windows Media Player (using Shark's Codecs) the AVR will then switch to "DTS-HD" or whatever audio coded the .mkv is using. So, I'm assuming that the issue is with KODI itself?

I have attached screenshots of my current audio setup so you all don't think I'm a complete idiot and my DEBUG log: Big Grin

My Debug Log

Again, sorry to bother you all. But, I'm trying to ween the S.O. off of WMC and in order for her to jump on the Kodi bandwagon, I need the thing to actually work the correct way.
( I have another issue with the recordings from the DVR / WMC not showing up correctly, but that's for another time)
Just a guess: if you have unable "sync playback to display" then disable it

( "sync playback to display" automatically disable passthrough)
Moanbag is in da place!
(2017-01-06, 22:31)Gracus Wrote: Just a guess: if you have unable "sync playback to display" then disable it

( "sync playback to display" automatically disable passthrough)

Consider your guess spot on. That was the issue. Why are there so many settings that screw up other settings on this thing? LoL

Thank you.

Now off to figure out why some of my recordings don't show up in the PVR / Live TV menu.... off to another sub-forum on here.

One step closer though, thanks to you.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Audio Pass Through issues - only works with external player0