Video Resolution
I just can't figure it out! Kodi is running and fits my screen aspect ratio and size fine but when I play a movie the video is always stretched vertically to fill the screen. I actually want it to play in the letterbox format so it's not vertically stretched and distorted. I'm running on Android 5.1.1 with Kodi 16.1. I've searched and see others want the black bars to go away but actually want them there to keep the screen distortion. Everything is tall and thin.
Also may be impacting it. When I go into Kodi settings it says my screen resolution is 1280x720@60hz but my tv should be 1080p so maybe that's a clue to somethingHuh
Depending on what skin you have etc, some skins are 720p but will play out the movie in full 1080p. If you're unsure of the base resolution check the o/s for screen resolution. Of course the screen settings in the system settings should also give you a clue. Hit the keybaord 'z' a few times to flip aspect and zoom, and of course you might have video calibration to straighten all this out.Settings/System/Display (wiki) http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=140974

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Video Resolution0