• 14(current)
Advanced MAME Launcher - MAME frontend for Kodi
(2021-08-16, 08:22)Morfius2 Wrote: Hola ayer puse desde el repositorio oficial kodi, aml.
Cuando lo abro y abro cualquier opción me sale un mensaje que tengo que configurar la raíz de aml.
He estado mirando en el foro y no encuentro como configurarlo.
No tengo pc, pero que se pueda hacer desde el mismo kodi en mi tvbox

Este es un foro en ingles, de hecho me ha extrannado que algun moderador no te haya echado la bronca (en ingles por supuesto).

AML necesita un ejecutable externo de MAME, que puede ser vanilla MAME en Windows o Linux o bien Retroarch MAME 2003 en Android. Si tienes mas dudas mandame un privado o escribeme.
(2021-08-17, 11:40)Wintermute0110 Wrote:
(2021-08-16, 08:22)Morfius2 Wrote: Hola ayer puse desde el repositorio oficial kodi, aml.
Cuando lo abro y abro cualquier opción me sale un mensaje que tengo que configurar la raíz de aml.
He estado mirando en el foro y no encuentro como configurarlo.
No tengo pc, pero que se pueda hacer desde el mismo kodi en mi tvbox

Este es un foro en ingles, de hecho me ha extrannado que algun moderador no te haya echado la bronca (en ingles por supuesto).

AML necesita un ejecutable externo de MAME, que puede ser vanilla MAME en Windows o Linux o bien Retroarch MAME 2003 en Android. Si tienes mas dudas mandame un privado o escribeme.
Thank you!! And sorry.
Ok whrite for you
Hello,
newbie here so if I make some protocol mistake feel free to punish me. :-) .
I have Libreelec Kodi Matrix  installed on a RPi4 with 4MB of RAM. I installed the add-on you have developed, installed some ROMs and extras(dats, inis, images, etc ...) , on an external disc that mounts on boot. I think I configured everything correctly . But when I tried to run any of the ROMs I get an error:

lifiyuyede.kodi (paste)

When I select any ROM with the file manager and launch it directly with libretro, MAME 2003 Plus,  they work.
So I guess I have done something wrong, some misconfiguration but I really don't know where to look.
I have not installed them on default location because I prefer to have data and OS on different media.

Thanks in advance.
I have installed Kodi on my TV and now I'm interesting is it possible to install RetroArch Emulator or some other MAME Emulator on the Kodi tv?
(2021-11-13, 17:02)egis2 Wrote: I have installed Kodi on my TV and now I'm interesting is it possible to install RetroArch Emulator or some other MAME Emulator on the Kodi tv?

Hi again me I have done some research found a few MAME Emulators and I want to know which one is the best to install it on kodi?
Deleted, wrong thread
(2021-11-12, 14:50)ghostdancer Wrote: Hello,
I have Libreelec Kodi Matrix  installed on a RPi4 with 4MB of RAM. I installed the add-on you have developed, installed some ROMs and extras(dats, inis, images, etc ...) , on an external disc that mounts on boot. I think I configured everything correctly . But when I tried to run any of the ROMs I get an error:

lifiyuyede.kodi (paste)

When I select any ROM with the file manager and launch it directly with libretro, MAME 2003 Plus,  they work.
So I guess I have done something wrong, some misconfiguration but I really don't know where to look.
I have not installed them on default location because I prefer to have data and OS on different media.

Thanks in advance.

Sorry for the tardiness, life has been very complicated for me the previous weeks.

OK, according to the logs you are trying to execute the file /storage/.kodi/addons/game.libretro.mame2003_plus/game.libretro.mame2003_plus.so That is a shared library (the equivalent in Windows is a DLL file) and not an executable file. Currently AML supports only external MAME (either vanilla MAME or Retroach MAME) and not Kodi Retroplayer. I will add support for Kodi Retroplayer MAME in a future release.
(2021-11-13, 23:22)egis2 Wrote:
(2021-11-13, 17:02)egis2 Wrote: I have installed Kodi on my TV and now I'm interesting is it possible to install RetroArch Emulator or some other MAME Emulator on the Kodi tv?

Hi again me I have done some research found a few MAME Emulators and I want to know which one is the best to install it on kodi?

AML supports either vanilla MAME or Retroarch with core MAME 2003. Either would do fine.
(2021-12-17, 14:16)Wintermute0110 Wrote:

lifiyuyede.kodi (paste)

Thanks in advance.

Sorry for the tardiness, life has been very complicated for me the previous weeks.

OK, according to the logs you are trying to execute the file /storage/.kodi/addons/game.libretro.mame2003_plus/game.libretro.mame2003_plus.so That is a shared library (the equivalent in Windows is a DLL file) and not an executable file. Currently AML supports only external MAME (either vanilla MAME or Retroach MAME) and not Kodi Retroplayer. I will add support for Kodi Retroplayer MAME in a future release.

I thought that was the problem but asked just in case I was doing something wrong. BTW , don't mind about the tardiness, I guess you have a life outside here. :-)
Thanks for the answer and for your work.
i have coreelec 8.95 on s912 i try to setup AML addon and got theese errors can someone help i tryed to find answer from search but no luck
Quote:2022-04-02 14:05:17.141 T:2514596672  NOTICE: AML INFO : Vanilla MAME executable found.
2022-04-02 14:05:17.142 T:2514596672  NOTICE: AML INFO : Vanilla MAME XML file NOT found. Forcing XML preprocessing.
2022-04-02 14:05:17.142 T:2514596672  NOTICE: AML INFO : mame_extract_MAME_XML() mame_prog_FN "/storage/.kodi/addons/game.libretro.mame2016/game.libretro.mame2016.so"
2022-04-02 14:05:17.142 T:2514596672  NOTICE: AML INFO : mame_extract_MAME_XML() Saving XML   "/storage/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/plugin.program.AML/MAME.xml"
2022-04-02 14:05:17.142 T:2514596672  NOTICE: AML INFO : mame_extract_MAME_XML() mame_dir     "/storage/.kodi/addons/game.libretro.mame2016"
2022-04-02 14:05:17.142 T:2514596672  NOTICE: AML INFO : mame_extract_MAME_XML() mame_exec    "game.libretro.mame2016.so"
2022-04-02 14:05:17.362 T:2514596672   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.OSError'>
                                            Error Contents: [Errno 13] Permission denied
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.program.AML/addon.py", line 38, in <module>
                                                resources.main.run_plugin(sys.argv)
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.program.AML/resources/main.py", line 453, in run_plugin
                                                command_context_setup_plugin(cfg)
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.program.AML/resources/main.py", line 5601, in command_context_setup_plugin
                                                db_dic = mame_build_MAME_main_database(cfg, st_dic)
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.program.AML/resources/mame.py", line 4276, in mame_build_MAME_main_database
                                                MAME_XML_path, XML_control_FN = mame_init_MAME_XML(cfg, st_dic)
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.program.AML/resources/mame.py", line 460, in mame_init_MAME_XML
                                                mame_extract_MAME_XML(cfg, st_dic)
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.program.AML/resources/mame.py", line 328, in mame_extract_MAME_XML
                                                p = subprocess.Popen([mame_prog_FN.getPath(), '-listxml'], stdout = out, stderr = err, cwd = mame_dir)
                                              File "/usr/lib/python2.7/subprocess.py", line 394, in __init__
                                              File "/usr/lib/python2.7/subprocess.py", line 1047, in _execute_child
                                            OSError: [Errno 13] Permission denied
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--
2022-04-02 14:05:34.121 T:2558522176  NOTICE: AML INFO : mame_get_MAME_exe_version() mame_prog_FN "/storage/.kodi/addons/game.libretro.mame2016/game.libretro.mame2016.so"
2022-04-02 14:05:34.324 T:2558522176   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.program.AML/resources/main.py", line 539, in run_plugin
                                                command_exec_utility(cfg, which_utility)
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.program.AML/resources/main.py", line 6548, in command_exec_utility
                                                mame_version_str = mame_get_MAME_exe_version(cfg, mame_prog_FN)
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.program.AML/resources/mame.py", line 271, in mame_get_MAME_exe_version
                                                p = subprocess.Popen([mame_prog_FN.getPath(), '-version'], stdout = out, stderr = err, cwd = mame_dir)
2022-04-02 14:05:41.838 T:2514596672  NOTICE: AML INFO : mame_get_MAME_exe_version() mame_prog_FN "/storage/.kodi/addons/game.libretro.mame2016/game.libretro.mame2016.so"
2022-04-02 14:05:42.035 T:2514596672   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.program.AML/resources/main.py", line 539, in run_plugin
                                                command_exec_utility(cfg, which_utility)
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.program.AML/resources/main.py", line 6548, in command_exec_utility
                                                mame_version_str = mame_get_MAME_exe_version(cfg, mame_prog_FN)
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.program.AML/resources/mame.py", line 271, in mame_get_MAME_exe_version
                                                p = subprocess.Popen([mame_prog_FN.getPath(), '-version'], stdout = out, stderr = err, cwd = mame_dir)

(2022-04-02, 13:48)fihc Wrote: i have coreelec 8.95 on s912 i try to setup AML addon and got theese errors can someone help i tryed to find answer from search but no luck
Quote:2022-04-02 14:05:17.141 T:2514596672  NOTICE: AML INFO : Vanilla MAME executable found.
2022-04-02 14:05:17.142 T:2514596672  NOTICE: AML INFO : Vanilla MAME XML file NOT found. Forcing XML preprocessing.
2022-04-02 14:05:17.142 T:2514596672  NOTICE: AML INFO : mame_extract_MAME_XML() mame_prog_FN "/storage/.kodi/addons/game.libretro.mame2016/game.libretro.mame2016.so"
2022-04-02 14:05:17.142 T:2514596672  NOTICE: AML INFO : mame_extract_MAME_XML() Saving XML   "/storage/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/plugin.program.AML/MAME.xml"
2022-04-02 14:05:17.142 T:2514596672  NOTICE: AML INFO : mame_extract_MAME_XML() mame_dir     "/storage/.kodi/addons/game.libretro.mame2016"
2022-04-02 14:05:17.142 T:2514596672  NOTICE: AML INFO : mame_extract_MAME_XML() mame_exec    "game.libretro.mame2016.so"

You are trying to execute a shared library. AML only supports Vanilla MAME or Retroarch MAME 2003/Plus. Also, see the answer in this post.
(2021-12-17, 14:16)Wintermute0110 Wrote:

lifiyuyede.kodi (paste)

Thanks in advance.

I had similar issues with ghostdancer. I'm guessing the root problem is the install location? I'm fairly new here so there are a lot of things that confuses me.
Does this work without MAME if only using RA? If so, where would I find the "MAME XML" file?
Kodi v20.1 with goodies from the PSMC Collection / Using on PC's, Nvidea Shields, and other Android TV Boxes
  • 14(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Advanced MAME Launcher - MAME frontend for Kodi2