• 24(current)
Android nVidia Shield TV (2015 & 2017 Models) - UPDATED: May 25, 2018
(2017-02-05, 19:31)tredman Wrote: Not sure if this is allowed on here, but since SPMC is talked about a lot I thought I'd give a bit of feedback on the MrMC beta. Its really working well on the shield, seems very stable with all audio passthrough and refresh rate switching options working well. The Plex library integration is particularly good, especially with the shield's build in server.
Even though this is a Kodi forum, In my opinion we can at least post external links for ongoing MrMC development for the premier Android Kodi Hardware platform here on the forum. There is a LOT of Davilla's (MrMC) Code in Android Kodi after all.

MrMC - nVIDIA Shield ongoing development thread

(2017-02-05, 01:20)Tinwarble Wrote:
(2017-02-05, 00:26)markus7 Wrote:
(2017-01-20, 20:54)wesk05 Wrote: if you have the Shield connected to a newer AVR with HDMI 2.0/HDCP 2.2 port and then have the AVR connected to a HDMI/HDCP 1.4 display, Kodi/SPCM/Plex/Archos Video/ViMu Media Player or any other app that supports refresh rate switching will not be able to switch the refresh rate. The refresh rate will remain on whatever you have set in "Display & Sound". With update 5.0 there is an additional bug: you can't even change the refresh rate or color space manually.

I'm seeing the exact same symptoms with a Denon AVR-X4200W (HDMI 2.0) and LG PF1000U (HDMI 1.4). When connecting the Shield 2 directly to the projector refresh rate and color space switching works just fine.

Does anybody know what is causing this? Is it the Shield or the AVR? I'm currently talking to Nvidia support which asks me to get in contact with Denon support...

It's on Nvidias side, nothing to do with any specific AVR. The issue has been pushed up to Nvidia, as well as several other issues, and I'll post what they have to say as soon as I get a response.

Nvidia support replied that they "will have this escalated to the next level of support".
@Tinwarble, Y

You should probably add Broken Deinterlacing when using Kodi Krypton to the list of known issues with Nougat & Kodi Krypton on the Shield. Details here:
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=306137

(2017-02-07, 06:19)wrxtasy Wrote: @Tinwarble, Y

You should probably add Broken Deinterlacing when using Kodi Krypton to the list of known issues with Nougat & Kodi Krypton on the Shield. Details here:

It's not broken, it's working as @fritsch intended it to, details here:

Kodi 17 & Live TV

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?url=htt...are_type=t
Yes I am reading it as broken, Working, reliable deinterlacing should not break when you change TV channels. See what this 64bit SATV guy has to say...

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2495914

Quote:fast feedback, your "probablyfinal" build deinterlace working with both hw codec on, one issue, zapping brakes deinterlacing, also from 1080i to 1080i, needs a stop / start stream, tested from TVH backend server.

Then picture is nice and smooth.

IPTV streams are not Interlaced from what I've seen.

(2017-02-07, 06:19)wrxtasy Wrote: @Tinwarble, Y

If if were specifically a issue with the Shield then I would consider it, but it appears to be an issue (from what I've read) with Mediacodec implementation in Kodi, at least degree anyway. This is something [Meidacodec] that should be fixed in v18 since it is getting a re-write.

But from just personal experience there's no issue with 23.976 & 29.970/MPEG interlaced content and everything works fine in Live Channels.
Forum Rules (wiki) | Banned add-ons (wiki) | Wiki (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
I am having a minor Netflix issue on my Shield in combination with an Acer projector. Maybe someone here knows about it and can help.

All video apps - Kodi, SPMC, Amazon Video, YouTube, etc - have prefect picture quality. But in Netflix there is a very thin green bar on the bottom of my Acer projector's image. On the same Acer projector Netflix does not have that very thin green bar on either my Xbox One S or my old Chromecast.
Adjust the overscan on the projector?
1: Nvidia Shield TV (2017) 16GB - 2: Beelink MinixMXIII II - 3: Beelink MinixMXIII II - 4: Beelink MinixMXIII II
NAS: unRAID 6.3 Pro • Case (NZXT H440) • MB (MBD-X7SBE with SIM1U+) • CPU (Xeon X3360) • RAM (4x2GB DDR2) • SATA (6 On MB, 8 AOC-SAT2-MV8) • PSU (EVGA SUPERNOVA 650 G2) • HDD (2 x Toshiba 3TB parity, 6 x WD Red 3TB xfs, 1 x 512GB SSD cache)  • UPS (APC BR1000G)
(2017-02-07, 19:56)Msan Wrote: Adjust the overscan on the projector?
It's definitely not the projector. Netflix on the Shield is the only scenario that results in the thin green bar. The projector was used with a Raspberry, a Chromecast, a S905X box, a Zidoo X8 box, and an Xbox One S. The problem never occurred with any of those devices with any app. On the Shield, it's only Netflix and the it was already existing on the old Shield. Just thought someone may know about it.
Well, I have the new 2017 Shield. Some little problems:
1. I have movies on a Windows share (desktop PC). Shield and desktop connected with gigabit LAN in router Asus RT-N56U. I used recommended settings for SPMC. I have some outsync problems (about 86ms) with ,,pause during refresh change = 3.0 seconds" and no outsync if i set 0sec at that pause settings.
2. I have 4k TV (Samsung HU7500) with HDMI 2.0 and AVR with HDMI 1.4. Shield>AVR>TV max resolution I have 4k 30hz and color space RGB 8 bit Rec 709, YCbCr 4:4:4 8 bit Rec 709 or YCbCr 4:2:2 12 bit Rec 709. Whatever resolution/color space I choose in Kodi or SPMC I can't have 4k GUI. If I connect Shield directly to TV I have 4k60 Hz resolution and 4k GUI in SPMC or Kodi, why I can't have it in 4k30hz?
Thanks
(2017-02-08, 13:56)hansolo Wrote: Well, I have the new 2017 Shield. Some little problems:
1. I have movies on a Windows share (desktop PC). Shield and desktop connected with gigabit LAN in router Asus RT-N56U. I used recommended settings for SPMC. I have some outsync problems (about 86ms) with ,,pause during refresh change = 3.0 seconds" and no outsync if i set 0sec at that pause settings.
2. I have 4k TV (Samsung HU7500) with HDMI 2.0 and AVR with HDMI 1.4. Shield>AVR>TV max resolution I have 4k 30hz and color space RGB 8 bit Rec 709, YCbCr 4:4:4 8 bit Rec 709 or YCbCr 4:2:2 12 bit Rec 709. Whatever resolution/color space I choose in Kodi or SPMC I can't have 4k GUI. If I connect Shield directly to TV I have 4k60 Hz resolution and 4k GUI in SPMC or Kodi, why I can't have it in 4k30hz?
Thanks

it helps if you post your receiver model.
Anthem MRX310 | XTZ 93.23 DIY 5.1 (Seas Jantzen Mundorf) | DXD808 | Oppo 103D | LG OLED 55EC930V | Nvidia Shield | ATV3

I have the same problem with my 2015 shield, receiver Yamaha rx-v475.
Must be a hdmi 1.4 issue. Directly to my Samsung 8000 series 4k tv is fine
(2017-02-07, 21:29)rde135 Wrote:
(2017-02-07, 19:56)Msan Wrote: Adjust the overscan on the projector?
It's definitely not the projector. Netflix on the Shield is the only scenario that results in the thin green bar. The projector was used with a Raspberry, a Chromecast, a S905X box, a Zidoo X8 box, and an Xbox One S. The problem never occurred with any of those devices with any app. On the Shield, it's only Netflix and the it was already existing on the old Shield. Just thought someone may know about it.
I was able to fix the Netflix problem by switching from YCbCr 4:4:4 to YCbCr 4:2:2. On closer examination, grey scale performance also seemed slightly improved with 4:2:2 in Kodi, as in more visible shadow detail. Is that a known issue?
(2017-02-08, 22:38)couto27 Wrote:
(2017-02-08, 13:56)hansolo Wrote: Well, I have the new 2017 Shield. Some little problems:
Thanks

it helps if you post your receiver model.

Yamaha HTR-4066.
3. Other question: if I open a Windows Share with default player (in X-plore) it says ,,copying to temporary folder" before opening. Is it normal? I checked that player because I have random buffering issues in SPMB/Kodi on some files (remuxed clips with DTS-HDMaster). On same ethernet port/same network/same files I had no problems with Himedia Q5IV.
Thanks again.
@hansolo
I dont no if 4K GUI in SPMC only support 4K/60

but have you tried set to set GUI resolution limit = unlimited
Anthem MRX310 | XTZ 93.23 DIY 5.1 (Seas Jantzen Mundorf) | DXD808 | Oppo 103D | LG OLED 55EC930V | Nvidia Shield | ATV3

• 24(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
nVidia Shield TV (2015 & 2017 Models) - UPDATED: May 25, 20188