Android nVidia Shield TV (2015 & 2017 Models) - UPDATED: May 25, 2018
(2018-04-20, 20:22)movie78 Wrote:
(2018-04-20, 19:20)hdmkv Wrote: Instructions here.
 That setup works, is just the PC function on the remote that is not working
No issue using the APP on my phone.

This is my issue here
Quote:I've been using the remote on Android TV with 'Microsoft Kodi' as the device. Buttons like 'Info' and 'Menu' worked fine with Kodi until the latest update ruined it, and now I get a notification on the Harmony Ultimate remote screen saying 'You have to use the Harmony app to pair this device'.  That's kind of weird since I never had to do that before. I should also mention that those same commands do work on the Harmony app on my android powered phone.   What's going on? I could not find a way to 'pair this device' to my remote, and aren't the remote and app paired to the hub

I had the same problem.
What you have to do is delete all devices (shield, pc computer).
After that delete your activity.

Now add new devices, Nvidia Shield and Microsoft Kodi.
Create your activity with those and your other devices.
When it is done use your phone app and go to device specific button (at the devices section) for Nvidia shield. It will ask to pair (make sure every harmony keyboard bluetooth is deleted on your shield). So pair your harmony.

Test those buttons. Unpait that harmony keyboard on your shield again.

Now go to the apps Harmony setup (where you can add activity and stuff) and go to devices, go to Microsoft mediaplayer and pair it through there.

Once that is done, all the buttons should work.

It's a little fiddling with pairing and unpairing. But all my kodi commands work. You can add kodi commands to buttons that have nothing assigned.

Hope to helps you.

Messages In This Thread
Rip CDs? - by crisp waffles - 2017-03-20, 21:19
RE: nVidia Shield TV (2015 & 2017 Models) - UPDATED: Oct. 06, 2017 - by bokkoman - 2018-05-14, 17:10
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
nVidia Shield TV (2015 & 2017 Models) - UPDATED: May 25, 20188