v18 [MOD] Aeon MQ5 for Kodi 18 Leia
For anyone still using Aeon MQ5, I have a new mod version that works in Leia.

Update 2019 12 20

New version 10.6.3 is available for use in Kodi Leia 18+

The primary reason for the release is support for the new TvTunes addon and Artist Slideshow v3.x Note that Artist Slideshow 2.x will also work if you don't want to update it.
I added the Skin Info Service addon as an optional dependency. It's now in the Kodi repo and actively maintained. To install navigate to settings/addons/my addons and select Aeon MQ5 Leiamod. Open the dependencies and you will see Skin Info Service listed there. Selecting it will allow it to be installed. Skin Info Service is used to provide extra info about Sets/Collections (note that Kodi Matrix will provide more info for Sets was well).

Update 2019 05 08

New version 10.6.2 is available for use in Kodi Leia 18+
This release features a number of new features and many, many tweaks. 
  • New:  Showcase view for music
  • New:  Show user rating stars for now-playing media on home window
  • New:  New option in General Skin Settings to force the music full-screen visualisation window when play starts
  • New:  Skin settings option to show audio/subtitle languages as flags instead of 3-letter text
  • New:  Option in music visualisation window to show artist sortname in a fade label with the regular name
  • Improved:  Display of background extrafanarts
  • Improved:  Mid-list view has many improvements and enhancements
  • Improved:  When media is playing, the video and music playlists show details on playing media (not focused)
  • Improved:  Current sortmethod and direction are shown on certain top multi-info panels
  • Improved:  When media is playing the current playlist settings (random/repeat) are shown as icons on multi-info panels
  • Improved:  In Skin settings the discart rotation options now show speed
  • Fixes:  Many layout and navigation tweaks for a better experience

Update 2019 03 20

New version 10.6.1 is available for use in Kodi Leia 18+
The main thing is some bug fixes or layout improvements.  I did do some fixes for LiveTV PVR window so that the channels and EPG windows work a bit better.

Update 2019 01 16

New version 10.6.0 is available and can be downloaded from the Github release page here:
Aeon MQ5 Leiamod 10.6.0

This version is for use in Kodi Leia v18 Release Candidate 5 and will be the first release for Kodi 18.0 Final/release.

Leiamod 10.6 provides the new features included in Leia, plus many fixes and improvements to Aeon MQ5.

New Leia features:

Game library.  MQ5 supports the new game library and playing of games via the available emulators.  ROM Collection Browser is still supported as an option within the Game menu.

PVR.  Some changes have been made to support the new PVR functions.  Unfortunately, my PVR client doesn't include all the new features (yet) so some things may not be complete.  I hope to update this is the client gets updated (mostly related to how the EPG is used).

Addon management.  Added ability to display only the disabled addons (that are installed) to make it easier to find and enable them

Library artwork.  MQ5 can retrieve extended artwork that has been saved to the library (for example, discart).  The addon Artwork Beef is supported (Movie Set Artwork Automator can still be used).  Artwork Downloader is no longer supported.  Currently, Extrafanart is still supported via folders (not library).  I might add library support (eg fanart1, fanart2, etc) in the future.

Music Library.  New "multi-list" view.  In this view you can show artists in a left-side list and the selected artist's albums in a right-side list, or you can show albums in a left-side list and the selected album's tracks in a right-side list.

Music info dialog.  Many updates to the music info dialog.  If a track has a genre containing "classical" (english only) it will show the contributors / roles (as retrieved from the library).

Of course, all the various Leia UI changes have been incorporated.

In addition, much work has been done to make better use of the "massive" font option (massive provides larger point-size font for labels and text boxes).  The fonts themselves have been updated to include script support for Arabic, Devanagari, and Thai languages.  (the fonts continue to support Latin-1, Latin-2, Cyrillic, Greek, Hebrew, Hawaiian, and CJK - Chinese (trad/simplified), Japanese (kana/kanji), and Korean (hangul/hanji).

New media case "stickers" / icons are provided for 4K, HDR, and UHD media.

Support for weatherbit.io as weather service.

Recommended addons with support in skin:

resource.images.skinstyles.aeonmq5
resource.images.skinthemes.aeonmq
script.artistslideshow
script.artworkbeef
script.cimema.experience
script.cinemavision
script.cu.lrclyrics
script.extendedinfo (as of release, there is a bug in the youtube search dialog that crashes Kodi).
script.favourites
script.games.rom.collection.browser
script.globalsearch
script.libraryeditor
script.moviesetart
script.playalbum
script.skin.info.service (used for displaying movie set/collection info)
script.toolbox (used for backing up skin settings)
script.tv.show.next.aired

scott s.
maintainer of skin  Aeon MQ5 mods for post-Gotham Kodi releases:
Matrix see: Aeon MQ5 Mod Matrix release thread
Nexus see: Aeon MQ5 Mod Nexus release thread
Aeon MQ 5 skin and addon repo 11.1.0
Update: new release 10.2.5. This release is for the latest Kodi v18 nightlies. It includes support for the new Addon Settings dialog (addon settings layout is now changed for addons in Leia). Also support for the new "games" (retroplayer). By default, Rom Collection Browser is still used for the home window (main menu) "Games" menu. To switch to retroplayer, use the main menu customization feature and select new menu action (right side panel) "Games". The retroplayer support includes the new OSDGames dialog.

scott s.
Thanks you very much Scott. Smile

Works fine for me in laptop Windows install running latest Leia nightly.

I will try it in my Shield TV (RetroPlayer heaven Smile ) and in my HTPC too.
Long time lurker Just wanted to let you know that I really do appreciate your work on MQ5 it still my favorite skin, and I have tried all of the others. some get close but does what I want. wish there were a few more features but I'm not complaining. I've tried to trace some things down and i do a couple mods but over all just dont have the time to get it figured out. Do you have somewhere I could send something so you could get a beer or somethingHuh
(2017-09-09, 22:24)Viltran Wrote: Long time lurker Just wanted to let you know that I really do appreciate your work on MQ5 it still my favorite skin, and I have tried all of the others. some get close but does what I want. wish there were a few more features but I'm not complaining. I've tried to trace some things down and i do a couple mods but over all just dont have the time to get it figured out. Do you have somewhere I could send something so you could get a beer or somethingHuh

No need. I have been doing a bunch of work on MQ5 for Leia and always open to ideas. There's a lot of work done in Kodi 18 for music and I am trying to take advantage of what I can of that in the skin. I've also done some work when the "massive font" option is used. That's what I use on my HTPC and the large font point sizes don't always look as nice as the default. Where I can I'm trying to reposition/size text. There's also the new "retroplayer" game emulator in Leia. I don't do any games via Kodi, but I'm trying to provide what skin support is needed for it. I did resize the skin so it is default 1920x1080 though I don't know that users can see any difference in that compared to scaling the 720p skin.

So far there aren't any "world changing" things for skinning in Kodi 18. I know many skins for example MQ7 use the "skin helper service" add-on to provide additional metadata. I've resisted using this as I am concerned that running the service will cause some low powered systems to lag too much.

Thanks for your kind words.

scott s.
Thanks for taking the time to do this. I recently went from windows 7 to 10, with krypton and MQ7, and just thought I would try something different for a change. Nightlies and MQ5 is working perfect. Thanks again!!
awesome thanks for the good work, always loved MQ5 but wanted to keep my kodi upto date Wink
A new release 10.2.7 is available on GitHub.  an important change is that add-on Artwork Downloader is no longer required/supported.  See first post for links. After updating to 10.2.7, you can disable or uninstall Artwork Downloader.

scott s.
Hi. Loving the skin, however I'm struggling to get lyrics to show whilst playing music. I've installed cu lyrics and then gone to settings whilst playing music. Selected lyrics to show, and the script selected cu lyrics but nothing appears. Please help...
Thank you very much, it is my favourite skin and I still use it!
I have a new version of Aeon MQ5 Leiamod up on github.  Ver 10.2.8 is intended for use in Kodi Leia v18 alpha 1.

scott s.
A new version of my Aeon MQ5 Mod for Leia is available (10.3.0).  This release supports Kodi 18 Alpha 2.  See first post in thread for link/more info.

scott s.
(2018-03-27, 03:10)scott967 Wrote: A new version of my Aeon MQ5 Mod for Leia is available (10.3.0).  This release supports Kodi 18 Alpha 2.  See first post in thread for link/more info.

scott s.
 Hey Scott, Thanks for the skin just a quick question.. How do you fix this.. its even worse on full-screen, you cant see the menus. 

[EDIT]: Fixed the problem.. 

Learn to enjoy every minute of your life. Be happy now. Don't wait for something outside of yourself to make you happy in the future. Think how really precious is the time you have to spend, whether it's at work or with your family. Every minute should be enjoyed and savored.
I just wanted to say thanks for updating this skin to Leia, I really appreciate it!
Its a shame that this skin is not in the official repo.

The only thing that this skin is missing is some on screen indicator of what going on when you are trying to jump to a specific time in a video.
For example if I'm watching a video and I press 5500 it should say 55:00 on screen so I know that I 'm not missing any numbers.
I copy and pasted the code that Aeon Nox uses for this into MQ5 so I'm good. I'm just writing this in case you didn't know about this issue.

In addition to this I also replaced the notifications at the top of the screen with notifications from the right side (stole it from the default skin) but this is more of a personal preference and I understand why you have them at the top.
(2018-06-23, 17:46)hewwra Wrote: I just wanted to say thanks for updating this skin to Leia, I really appreciate it!
Its a shame that this skin is not in the official repo.

The only thing that this skin is missing is some on screen indicator of what going on when you are trying to jump to a specific time in a video.
For example if I'm watching a video and I press 5500 it should say 55:00 on screen so I know that I 'm not missing any numbers.
I copy and pasted the code that Aeon Nox uses for this into MQ5 so I'm good. I'm just writing this in case you didn't know about this issue.

In addition to this I also replaced the notifications at the top of the screen with notifications from the right side (stole it from the default skin) but this is more of a personal preference and I understand why you have them at the top.
 I haven't used that function myself, so haven't "missed it".  I will check out Nox and see what they are doing and figure something out.  There is need to update progress and skip indications for live tv.  I only have the pvr wmc client to test live tv and the author of pvr wmc hasn't updated it for Liea (he says he will wait until Leia is in beta because he doesn't want to have to update it multiple times).

scott s.

scott s.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MOD] Aeon MQ5 for Kodi 18 Leia4