• 3(current)
Beta PVR Plugin Player - Play Addon Streams in the PVR
(2017-08-23, 14:13)porko2003 Wrote: i have it installed but cant get channels to work nothing appears.

Tell me exactly which line of the Quick Start you got to.
(2017-02-21, 23:01)proncio Wrote: Mmm... it seems it doesn't Sad

I'm struggling to find a plugin which

1. reads .ts streams from a m3u web link and plays it with f4m
2. autoupdates at every reload/time frame, or doesn't cache the m4u content

I've found plugins that do the first part, but not the second - you have to manually press an update button.

Anyway, with your plugin I'm really close to obtain my dream tv, so thanks in any case ^^

Hi, I need an addon or a way to watch channels in my m3u list but executing first the f4mtester proxy plugin.
Please tell me how to do it

Regards,
@gjimenezf I never use that addon so I don't know specifically.
There are a few addons that the authors have gone to great lengths to stop people linking to them. They don't like sharing.

If you can make a favourite shortcut to the channel in that addon you should be able to link it to PVR Plugin Player, either directly in that addon or via the favourites menu.

If you need to do a two stage process you might be able to make an m3u playlist that plays the two stages in order.

Other than that you'll have to start digging in the python and debug logs to find out what is being called.

A useful bit of python to show how a script is called in Kodi is this

Code:
import xbmc, sys
xbmc.log(repr(sys.argv), xbmc.LOGERROR)
F4mtester is a banned add-on (wiki) and no support is offered here for it nor for any device or install which contains it.

We also do not support random m3u lists obtained from the internet and full of illegally sourced media.

Please observe the forum piracy policy (wiki).
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
I am getting an error when playing streams through PVR in Kodi 18. Upon selecting the channel there is a "playback failed" error, then the video starts.
https://pastebin.com/1kxs1cJL
(2017-11-04, 21:14)locoguano Wrote: I am getting an error when playing streams through PVR in Kodi 18. Upon selecting the channel there is a "playback failed" error, then the video starts.

I can't see anything obviously wrong.
Have you enabled the web server protocol in Kodi Settings?
Does it work with any addon streams?
(2017-11-06, 10:08)primaeval Wrote:
(2017-11-04, 21:14)locoguano Wrote: I am getting an error when playing streams through PVR in Kodi 18. Upon selecting the channel there is a "playback failed" error, then the video starts.

Is web server supposed to be enabled? 
I am using both PS Vue and USTVNow. Same result.
(2017-11-09, 01:24)locoguano Wrote:
(2017-11-06, 10:08)primaeval Wrote:

Is web server supposed to be enabled? 
I am using both PS Vue and USTVNow. Same result. 
Yes. The addon uses the RPC protocol through the webserver.
Forgive my ignorance, but is this to what you are referring?
(2017-11-09, 18:02)locoguano Wrote: Forgive my ignorance, but is this to what you are referring?

Yes. That looks fine.

Does everything still work ok for you in Krypton? Does it work in Leia on a Windows or desktop machine?
Everything is fine in Krypton.
In Leia I am getting the same result in both Android and Windows 10, even with the web server enabled.
Here is the pastebin from my Windows PC. Kodi Log I only have one channel loaded up for testing purposes.
(2017-11-09, 18:14)locoguano Wrote: Everything is fine in Krypton.
In Leia I am getting the same result in both Android and Windows 10, even with the web server enabled.
Here is the pastebin from my Windows PC. Kodi Log I only have one channel loaded up for testing purposes.

They've gone and changed the way urls need to specify whether they are video or audio.
The library I use, xbmcswitf2, doesn't let you do that.
I'll see if there is a workaround. This is going to break a lot of people's addons.
(2017-11-09, 19:47)primaeval Wrote:
(2017-11-09, 18:14)locoguano Wrote: Everything is fine in Krypton.

They've gone and changed the way urls need to specify whether they are video or audio.
The library I use, xbmcswitf2, doesn't let you do that.
I'll see if there is a workaround. This is going to break a lot of people's addons. 

Thank you for looking into this. I really appreciate your work. I have switched my main box back to Krypton for the time-being.
@primaeval: a quick fix for the problem in kodi leai would be to redirect to a dummy Stream instead of returning a 200 responsecode.  I've testet following fix in service.py:
python:

class myHandler(BaseHTTPRequestHandler):
    def do_GET(self):
        ##self.send_response(200)
        ##self.send_header('Content-type','video/mpeg')
        ##self.end_headers()        
        self.send_response(301)
        self.send_header('Location','http://techslides.com/demos/sample-videos/small.webm')
        self.end_headers()
        Last = int(ADDON.getSetting("LastPlay"))
        Now = int(time.time())
        if Now-Last>4:
            ADDON.setSetting("LastPlay","%d" % Now)
        else:
            return

url = self.path[2:]
        listitem = ListItem(path=url)
        listitem.setInfo(type="Video", infoLabels={"mediatype": "movie", "title": "LiveTV"})
        xbmc.Player().play(url, listitem)
    return

A better solution would be simulate a black video stream directly in python.
(2017-11-15, 22:53)dh4rry Wrote: @primaeval: a quick fix for the problem in kodi leai would be to redirect to a dummy Stream instead of returning a 200 responsecode.  I've testet following fix in service.py:
python:

class myHandler(BaseHTTPRequestHandler):
    def do_GET(self):
        ##self.send_response(200)
        ##self.send_header('Content-type','video/mpeg')
        ##self.end_headers()        
        self.send_response(301)
        self.send_header('Location','http://techslides.com/demos/sample-videos/small.webm')
        self.end_headers()
        Last = int(ADDON.getSetting("LastPlay"))
        Now = int(time.time())
        if Now-Last>4:
            ADDON.setSetting("LastPlay","%d" % Now)
        else:
            return

url = self.path[2:]
        listitem = ListItem(path=url)
        listitem.setInfo(type="Video", infoLabels={"mediatype": "movie", "title": "LiveTV"})
        xbmc.Player().play(url, listitem)
    return

A better solution would be simulate a black video stream directly in python.
Definitely works on this end... Need a very short black video I guess. I replaced the video address with a jpg address and it seems to work.
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
PVR Plugin Player - Play Addon Streams in the PVR2