unable to start backup
I am unable to start the backup program.
Here is the log file

Log File

Can someone please advice.
If this program does not work, is there any way to restore the backup file ?

I am new to this forum and am not sure how to upload the log file. Above is the link and below is the test format of the log file. Please forgive me if I have made any mistake in uploading the same.

[inline log removed]
Please don't post logs directly into your post, use pastebin.com or similar (I have removed it for you) and provide a full http://kodi.wiki/view/Debug_log for support.
Always read the Wiki, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Read/follow the forum rules.
I'm new to this forum and am fairly noob when it comes to Kodi. I was having issues with my Android tv. Mibox3. I did a factory reset and was trying to restore Kodi 16.1 and keep getting an error when installing and trying to run Backup. I have posted my log link and am desperate for some help. Have tried everything I can think of. Multiple fresh installs. Multiple factory resets of the Android box itself. The first time I re-installed it, it worked fine, then I Uninstalled and looked at Krypton, decided to go back to Jarvis, and Uninstalled and reinstalled Jarvis. Have had issues since.

Error log:
Https://paste.ubuntu.com/23847692/
Sad I can concur with the original poster. There was an update last night (I live in California) around 1 or 2 am and then the Backup Program Add-On stopped working. I've tried to reinstall it from multiple sources but it's not working. Can you guys release an update to the Backup Program Add-OnHuh? I use it weekly for my backups. It could be a dependency error or another update may have knocked Backup and made it not work. Thanks!!
Phew, thanks CalCal23 for setting my mind to rest. Was going crazy installing and uninstalling every app even vaguely connected to Kodi. Now we wait for an update.
You could try downloading the previous version (1.0.6) and see if that works for you. Just make sure you turn off automatic updates first, or you'll be right back to the same problem.
Kodi Nexus (20.2) on Dell Optiplex 980 Lubuntu 22.04 | Kodi Matrix (19.3) on HTPC Lubuntu 20.04 | My Add-ons | Legacy Repo | Matrix Repo
>>>>> Newest MetalChris Addons: Local Now | Redbox | NEWSnet| NHL Radio | Weather Unlocked
(2017-01-23, 05:51)MetalChris Wrote: You could try downloading the previous version (1.0.6) and see if that works for you. Just make sure you turn off automatic updates first, or you'll be right back to the same problem.

MetalChris,

Where can I download the older version of Backup within Kodi?? Do you know of a repo??
(2017-01-23, 05:51)MetalChris Wrote: You could try downloading the previous version (1.0.6) and see if that works for you. Just make sure you turn off automatic updates first, or you'll be right back to the same problem.

This was the only thing that fixed this problem for me. Otherwise it will not open at all. I am using the android version on a fire tv.

I would also like to request that if not backing up thumbnails is selected, that it will also ignore thumbnails in the profile folders.
I use two profiles and it is backing up several hundred megabytes of thumbnails that I would prefer not to be backed up.
(2017-01-23, 07:41)CalCal23 Wrote:

MetalChris,

Where can I download the older version of Backup within Kodi?? Do you know of a repo??

Not that I know of. You'd have to download from the Kodi mirror and install from zip.
Kodi Nexus (20.2) on Dell Optiplex 980 Lubuntu 22.04 | Kodi Matrix (19.3) on HTPC Lubuntu 20.04 | My Add-ons | Legacy Repo | Matrix Repo
>>>>> Newest MetalChris Addons: Local Now | Redbox | NEWSnet| NHL Radio | Weather Unlocked
If it's broken after an update then the older version should still be in the packages folder on your system.

If you go into the add-ons information screen, I think in the update link there you can also roll back. I'm away from my system at the moment so I can't post exact link sequences to follow, but it should be in there still already and you won't need to download anything.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts

Hello All This is my first post. MetalChris some how both my first generation tv boxes lost the backup program (probably me playing around in the registry). I tryed loading the newest file from Kodi, but no success. so I tryed what you sugessted and loaded the older zip in you tread, problem solved Smile Thank You Rob
(2017-01-23, 20:01)Rob Barnett Wrote:

Hello All This is my first post. MetalChris some how both my first generation tv boxes lost the backup program (probably me playing around in the registry). I tryed loading the newest file from Kodi, but no success. so I tryed what you sugessted and loaded the older zip in you tread, problem solved Smile Thank You Rob

Happy to help out, and welcome to the community.

Looks like the Backup author, @robweber, is working on a fix and it should be available from the official repo soon.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
unable to start backup0