Win Attempting to upgrade....no luck with advancedsettings.xml
Alright so to start I'm currently running 14.2, I haven't upgraded in a while because it's always a damn nightmare but I'm attempting this now and surprise surprise nothing is going as it should.

So I originally just attempted to go right to 16.1 and as soon as it tried to start it crashed immediately, so I figured screw it I'll update to 15.2 first....same thing, however THE MOMENT I remove advancedsettings.xml from it, it will load up no problem. Now I have 3 machines running Kodi so I use mysql to sync everything, so I'll stay at 14.2 if need be but there's gotta be something I'm missing here.

My assumption based on the wiki is that when you upgrade it's supposed to update the database as well, well if it wont' even load with the xml file there how the hell is it supposed to do that.

I attempted to post <loglevel>2</loglevel> into the xml but have no freakin clue what I'm supposed to be looking at, the kodi.log file doesn't say anything helpful and the dmp is just jibberish....

HELP
Please drop the 16.1 versions of the databases in MySQL. Then using your advanced settings, including the debug line. Then start Kodi. If it starts OK, well and good. If it doesn't, put the log online at pastebin.com.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Drop the 16.1 version of the database in MySQL? How?

*edit* sorry I read that wrong, alright I dropped them and am now re-installing jarvis.
Don't wanna get ahead of myself and I feel like an idiot but that seems to have done it...thank you. It's re-building the new db's now, hasn't crashed but this seems to take a little while to do.

Thanks again, I really appreciate it.
Just to explain: sometimes people get impatient and stop the update progress, leaving a partially upgraded corrupt database. Then you start Kodi again, it sees the new database but doesn't realise it is broken. Delete the corrupt one and the process starts again.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Attempting to upgrade....no luck with advancedsettings.xml0