Migrating Isengard to Krypton
I'm running Isengard releases on a number of HTPCs and Pis and want to update to the latest Krypton betas. Is there anything I need to watch out for in regards to the MySQL database structure or the way video libraries are handled? Any gotchas I'm missing or can I just copy the advancedsettings files from the old installations to the new one?
If you do the new install over the top of the old one, you won't even need to copy the file. It should stay where it is and get used by the upgrade. The one obvious thing to recommend is to shutdown all your clients, upgrade one, make sure everything is working, then upgrade the rest.
You will need to give the database conversion some time to take place - sometimes users have interrupted the process and end up with a corrupted db and odd Kodi behavior.

There are some changes to as.xml in v17 too, although I am vague on what they are. Anyone else help out there?

There are sone nice changes to the music library too. They need to fully rescan the tags of your music files to take advantage of, and if your music library is an utter mess it could be worth dropping the music source(s) and starting a fresh.

Finally there is a new default skin - Estuary. If that is too much change in one go you can reinstall Confluence from the repo for familiarity.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Migrating Isengard to Krypton0