what do you do when you start Kodi?
I thought it maybe interesting to know what is the first thing you done when you start Kodi, do you look at the weather, check the news feed, check you widgets see whats new? Heck what widgets do you use?

Personally I already have an idea of what movie I am going to watch.. but I do use the recently added widget to help narrow things down if I don't have and agenda.
Shield TV | Windows 10 | Mariadb | Mii Box
Evolve Ecosystem Repo | TV Melodies | Madnox Holiday Mod
Wait 20 seconds for weather to update and everything to load properly Smile and then check manualy for addon updates Smile
I usually check new recordings.
Practically the only widget i use is for upcoming recordings
Can I remind you of this request .

We have received some requests concerning the threads you keep posting in the discussion section. If they are just gathering ideas and feelings for a new skin, please use the thread in the link for them and do not post them in the discussion sections.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
I am just trying to spark a conversation. This is the section that Kodi related discussions
Discuss freely about Kodi related subjects. No support questions! Correct? So I don't see where I have done anything wrong or violated any rules... I sent ronie a response to that and he has not replied... I dont want to be arrogant enough to think it was because of me but he turned his pm off as well.

Personally and I guess I am wrong but I would think that having community forum you would support discussions no matter if that had a purpose or not as long as the discussions where legal and for the better of Kodi.

And if one was looking for user feedback why not ask here ... The skinning section is for Skinning
GUI skin development and xml coding, for skinners only. So that defers a lot of people for even looking I there... Personally the first year I used this I never knew there was a wip section....

Y'all delete several post a day because of people breaking rules... Why do you want to pick on me for following them...

If I am asking a question for the skin or just to talk I do not see where I have caused any trouble.. people don't have to answer and then the thread would just disappear..

But as a far as this thread is concerned I am genuinely asking out of curiosity...

We all come from different walks of life and we all have different routines and different uses for Kodi..

Heck I even made a custom skin for a guy to use kodi to play videos while he teaches and certifiy people for infaraed... I have seen thread about people using it in cars home automation....So Kodi is being using in many different manners.... So Darren my question for you what do you do when you start Kodi?
(2017-02-01, 14:38)smitchell6879 Wrote: I am just trying to spark a conversation. This is the section that Kodi related discussions
Discuss freely about Kodi related subjects. No support questions! Correct? So I don't see where I have done anything wrong or violated any rules... I sent ronie a response to that and he has not replied... I dont want to be arrogant enough to think it was because of me but he turned his pm off as well.

Personally and I guess I am wrong but I would think that having community forum you would support discussions no matter if that had a purpose or not as long as the discussions where legal and for the better of Kodi.

And if one was looking for user feedback why not ask here ... The skinning section is for Skinning
GUI skin development and xml coding, for skinners only. So that defers a lot of people for even looking I there... Personally the first year I used this I never knew there was a wip section....

Y'all delete several post a day because of people breaking rules... Why do you want to pick on me for following them...

If I am asking a question for the skin or just to talk I do not see where I have caused any trouble.. people don't have to answer and then the thread would just disappear..

But as a far as this thread is concerned I am genuinely asking out of curiosity...

We all come from different walks of life and we all have different routines and different uses for Kodi..

Heck I even made a custom skin for a guy to use kodi to play videos while he teaches and certifiy people for infaraed... I have seen thread about people using it in cars home automation....So Kodi is being using in many different manners.... So Darren my question for you what do you do when you start Kodi?

Nobody said you are breaking the rules, just try to keep related items in the same post if possible. That's just plain forum etiquette, regardless of your reasoning (especially when asked AND given a reason for it).
Understandable...And so not to get off topic of this thread rule 2.3.1. Fail$tyle420 what is the first thing you do when you start Kodi?
To answer at least part of the above reply - we have had some "comments" (I'm not sure it would be fair to call them complaints) concerning the threads, their frequency and content. Hence why the request was made rather than any more action being made.

This section gets many threads which shouldn't be here, and so can get a bit sensitive about other threads which could be seen as "clutter", especially as some of the questions can seem rather random.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
And, to add to the original question while also highlighting just how many of us are now aware of the "interrogation"...

"I watch stuff - frequently, recently recorded things". Or, sometimes, "I listen to stuff". Very occasionally, "I look at pictures of stuff". I'm a man of simple tastes.
Search | Banned addons (wiki) | Forum rules (wiki) | First time user (wiki) | FAQs (wiki) | Troubleshooting (wiki) | Add-ons (wiki) | Free content (wiki) | Debug log (wiki)Free Content
I understand your concern with clutter and if I where spamming this section with polls and surveys sure it would be annoying...But with that said as with this thread I see no better place to post... It is not os dependent nor skin dependent... It is not specific to and add-on or type of...It is a general question about Kodi as a whole.. and as far as content of the question and the content of this section I do not see how this question is any different the the pin post where has your shirt been? That has nothing to do with Kodi as the software side... But Kodi apparel. At least the question (s) I have asked have been about the software and if users answered it is information that if one what to use could benefit as user are telling exactly how they are using your product specifically not just the vague ideal that it is only a media player to play back videos.... Becuase Kodi is not just a media player....

Kodi is a environment it has its own little eco system.... It takes all parts of Kodi to make Kodi what it is ... With out the library and scrappers and all the awesome addons this would just be another VLC.... But it is not you have a awesome product as a whole maybe there are bugs in different parts but with every bug there is a improvement... And with that with user feedback good or bad if your open minded enough you can use it to benifit the progression of your product.

If there is a portion of the the Kodi project that no one is really using then why spend countless hours developing it with full force... In really world work place you would dedicate maybe one or 2 to focus on that section and the majority would focus on what is truly driving your project....

But back to this thread and it's randomness .. I don't see how this is more or less random then any of the sticks... The Kodi fan art wallpaper should be a sticky in the artworks section, video competition possible ly the same as the videos are works of art by some awesome poeple... Same goes for the the Animation... The only two sticks that should be here IMO which doesn't matter are the Kodi in media and the piracy policy.

And lastly as to abide by the rules sir.. I ask again DarrenHill what do you do when start Kodi? What do you look at first... You clearly can answer this question as you have time to reply to the off topic comments..

Good day sir, and God Blessed
Thank you Prof Yaffle.. it seems the thread was beginning to be taken over...

Have you ever just started Kodi up and wanted to just watch something random let it pick something for you or are you like me a man on a mission when I open Kodi 90 precent of the time I know what I am looking for.
More the latter. I've never used something random... I'll sometimes browse the TV or Music libraries "to watch/listen to something a bit like <this>", but normally I know why I'm switching the box on before I push the button.
Search | Banned addons (wiki) | Forum rules (wiki) | First time user (wiki) | FAQs (wiki) | Troubleshooting (wiki) | Add-ons (wiki) | Free content (wiki) | Debug log (wiki)Free Content
It's currently always the same procedure for me. On my work station I fire up Kodi and turn on music. On my tablet, when in bed, I mostly check some add-ons related to tech gadgets (like engadget or golem.de) or gaming for new content and watch the interesting bits. In the living room I have PVR on autostart and use that, with occasional watching of media center content of local TV stations via add-ons, watching of new bluray rips or listening to some music. I rarely need any of the movie, tvshow or music libraries or browse them actively.
Sounds like you have a good internet provider... I only wish I could actually use kodi in that manner.. and I had not thought of having PVR as the startup screen that would be interesting... Along with some skinning you could true have the feel of custom cable porvider with OTA channels. As long as you have a good EPG "I think that's what it call" then you would be set.
I had the very same usage scenario even when I had a worse internet connection (DSL 8000 Mbit/s). And even back then.I was able to watch 2 720p Netflix or Amazon streams without issues. The videos from the tech websites also are not that big in size, so no issues even with slower internet connections. Same with the content tv stations provide in their public media centers (usually 720p max). Music streaming also doesn't take much bandwidth, and everything else is I do is local (PVR via DVB-S2 and a tvh server running, bluray rips from disc [no downloads, i don't do that]).

As for PVR on autostart. I plugged a PI1 to my parents TV and have them use it like a regular settop box. There is no skin change needed IMO. Ok, I'm using a v18 nightly atm because of the "channel number input" improvements done there (thanks @ksooo), but to my parents there is no difference compared to the settop box (or tv menus) they had used before.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
what do you do when you start Kodi?0