v17 3D MVC
What is the best set-up for playing back 3D MVC files? Is there a Kodi build available for watching 3D MVC and where can you download it? I've read something that states a fork is necessary as 3D MVC code cannot be merged with mainline KODI? So on an HTPC, upon startup how do you separate the two necessary programs necessary to view both 2D or 3D and is it necessary to have separate libraries one for 2D and one for 3D. Any help her will be greatly appreciated.
I am a long time Kodi user but new to 3D as I just replaced my projector after 10 years with a new projector that is 3D capable. I've seen one 3D movie in my life and really enjoyed it.
At present the only platform that supports MVC that I know of is Kodi on the Raspberry Pi, and that's because they've figured out how to do MVC in the firmware. I know that there's been work done to support it on other platforms (Windows in particular), but I don't know that it's actually supported anywhere else.
Yes I'm running windows 7 and was thinking about upgrading my HTPC but still in the dark on how to proceed for 3D MVC playback
I have 3DMVC playback working on Windows 10 ... The Blu-rays are rips to iso... I have the movies in my Kodi library but the catch is... I have a Nvidia GTX 750 Ti, and I am using PowerDvd 15 for actually viewing it...
I set powerdvd as an external player in the playercorefactory.xml. and I have my graphics card handing my display setting so when it is autodetcted 3d it switches every over... But I don't use it often as I have one of the first Vizio 3d TV's and when the card is set to do 3DMVC I can not do 3d side by side....But this is a TV setting on the Vizio that gets disabled ... It may just be something I am doing wrong or maybe the TV is so old...But with powerdvd and kodi and a program like eventghost you can make a almost seemless transition from both players while using your remote.
Shield TV | Windows 10 | Mariadb | Mii Box
Evolve Ecosystem Repo | TV Melodies | Madnox Holiday Mod
If you're using Windows there's an excellent MVC build by Afedchin. If you go to HDMKV's post about MVC playback there's a download link and a LOT of info about your options.
Personally I use an Intel NUC and MVC files I ripped from my Blu Rays using MakeMKV.

The thread is here
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=266316

The download link is here
http://mirrors.kodi.tv/test-builds/win32...vc_wip.exe

Hope that helpsWink

EDIT
This post gives you several options when it comes to MVC. Also by HDMKV
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=221407
Awesome, MrBfJohn. Nice links. Smile
Thanks MrBfJohn. One other question. How do you setup Kodi at startup to have two separate builds, one for 2D and one for 3D?
I did it when I was first trying the 3D build. I think I just installed it in a different folder and made sure there was a shortcut to both exe files. I noticed that both builds still used the same database though. In the end I found myself just using the 3D build anyway, so I uninstalled the regular kodi and haven't needed it since.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
3D MVC0