v17 replace kodi 16 by kodi 17
Hi guys. I am new at this game. I have a Cood-e (Kodi) streamer with pre-stalled Kodi 16. I want to replace it with Kodi 17. First I need to reset (empty) the streamer so I can install Kodi 17. How do I go about this and after the reset where do I get hold of Kodi 17 and after I get it (from the internet?) can I install it thru the internet connection on the streamer?
Does all this make any sense? I hope so!
This is a general Android Software issue.

Usually you just go into the Google Play Store App, Login with your Google Account Details, and download Kodi again and it will overwrite Kodi 16, but if you have some custom Kodi 16 App it may need manual removal first...

Android Settings > Apps > Downloaded Apps > Select Kodi 16 > Clear Cache > Uninstall App.

Could this be the very reason as well that I cannot install any of the release files from the Kodi download page? I've tried all three and all I get is "app not installed" from my box.
I wrote this in another thread but though, since I was in here, I'd might as well repeat it for anyone catching this thread.

"Right, what worked for me:

I backed-up all my settings and pref's, saved them out, and wiped 16.1 from the box. Back to the app store and there was the inviting 'install' button, so I did just that. Installed without a hitch, let it run once, backed out, slapped my backed-up folders in and everything is grand. Happy lad. Y'all have a good Saturday."

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
replace kodi 16 by kodi 170